The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.10 [ISPConfig 3]- Services

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by idsinc, Jan 25, 2011.

1. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I'm inquiring about "BIND or MyDNS nameserver" Does this mean either one or the other?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

yes. Just follow all steps of the guide to get a fully functional ispconfig 3 system.

3. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I have a fully installed ISPConfig3.

I'm just trying to understand what it was that I did. It is working, except for some minor issues,... but then I don't know enough to call them minor I guess. I can access squirrelmail, and I can login to the server via ISPConfig, from the LAN side only.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Do you use a dedicated router? Then you will have to forward all ports that shall be accessible from outside from the router to your server. E.g. port 8080 for ispconfig and port 80 for squirrelmail and websites.

5. idsinc

idsinc New Member

I have a block of static IPs, and the modem has my server and one (PC) attached occasionally for using IPConfig.

I get zero support from Qwest. I think i need to buy a better modem also. I have a pk5000, but I think maybe a cisco would be better. At least they support their products.

I've been trying to figure out the forward IP stuff for Qwest's service, but NO one can tell me anything about the programmed interface and exactly what the entry cells mean. The word gateway could mean mine or theirs, in my mind, so there is no one to ask.

6. idsinc

idsinc New Member

able to configure my block

Thanks all for your help. The static IPs are configured, and system is up, not thanks to Qwest;)