The perfect Server Ubuntu 7.10 - CGI and webalizer

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by chillifire, Nov 4, 2007.

1. chillifire

chillifire New Member

Hi,
    thanks for the great and detailed guide. Without it, it would have been much harder for sure. I have had some trouble with SSL but have resolved it with some research (google) and have posted a viable resolution as comment to the HowTo for your kind consideration.

I still have two outstanding questions in non-ISPConfig scenarios:
    1) Where is the cgi-bin in this installation? Is it the /usr/lib/cgi-bin ? And how can I change that to /var/www/cgi-bin ?

Is that as easy as changing the file /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ssl ?
    I mean changing the lines:
    [...]
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
    [...]
    </Directory>
    [...]

to:

[...]
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/cgi-bin/
    <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
    [...]
    </Directory>
    [...]

and of course:
    sudo mkdir /var/www/cgi-bin

A little voice tells me there has to be more to it, and I don't want to screw up apache2 now that i finally works. Your thoughts?

2) I thought I installed webalizer through apt-get install webalizer. But all I can see is an empty /var/www/webalizer. What do I need to do to truely activate it? Please advise.

Thanks again

Hanno
    Auckland, New Zealand

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

1) This should be sufficient. The cgi directory is just any directory defined by the script alias directive.

2) Have a loook at the webalizer configuration files (in /etc/webalizer/ if I remember correctly) and check that the path to the logfiles and output directory is correct. Then check if webalizer is run in cron.daily. You can run the script in cron.daily manually to test webalizer.