The Perfect Setup - OpenSuSE 10.2 (32-bit) Apache Help

Discussion in 'Server Operation' started by Jerry, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I wasn't sure where to post this and took my best guess this would be the right place.

I followed the instructions listed in this guide on a system I had already just newly installed and I got the error listed below. The only major difference is I had KDE installed.

I figured what the hey maybe I gotta do a completely new install and follow your instructions completely to get it to work so I did exactly that and recieved exactly the same results. Below is the apache start problem I can't seem to get past.

Three other variables to take note of in case they could be relevant in some small way are:
    1. I'm installing on a Dell LS laptop.
    2. I had to remove the laptop software during installation using expert mode to get the install down to the same disk space usage and so I'd need only the cd1 to get to the first boot.
    3. I have a Netgear Realtek RTL-8169 Gigabit Ethernet cardbus card installed as a second ethernet card not setup yet that I'll be using as a router to my lan after I get past the basic configuration.

I'd really like to move forward on this install. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the content of the file /etc/apache2/mod_log_config.conf

3. Jerry

Jerry New Member

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

5. Jerry

Jerry New Member

falko,

I thought you meant I should remove and replace the line with
    I did figure I should remove the [...]

Ok I've fixed the file by deleting it, reinstalling apache and the other php5 stuff and got the editing done and now I'm getting this.

I backed up and showed the SuSEconfig line because the warning there might be relevant.

TIA

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  6. Jerry

Jerry New Member

I figured it out. index.html.var was on the next line and the system wasn't reading it as part of the previous line.

I feel like I've been playing Zelda and finally reached the next level. :)

Thanks for all you're help. Now onto ISPConfig!:)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2007