The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server and SPAM Virus Filtering

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by WaveQam, Jan 17, 2007.

1. WaveQam

WaveQam New Member

Good day all,

I just finished setting up a mail server with this HOWTO The Perfect Setup - Ubuntu 6.06 LTS Server again and I realy like it.

I am looking for someone that can point me to a good howto to add spam filtering and antivirus scanning.

I know that there are several differnt types out there and not sure what I should be using.

I am interested in all opinons on which howto seemed to work the best after the Perfect Setup.

Thanx all

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

If you install ISPConfig, you will have spam and antivirus filters for your server installed.

3. WaveQam

WaveQam New Member

The first time I tried to set up ISP config a few months ago I was not successfull - I ran into several problems and so I decided not to use it. Has there been an update to it that allows it to be setup corecctly now?

WaveQam

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

We've never had problems with that part, so it wasn't changed. :confused:

If you don't wan to install ISPConfig, you could have a look at this tutorial: http://www.howtoforge.com/virtual_postfix_mysql_quota_courier

5. WaveQam

WaveQam New Member

Thank-You

Thank-you Falko, I have never done a MySQL authentication before but I guess there is a first time for every thing.

I will wipe my ububtu 6.06 and go to Sarge 3.1 r4 and give this one a go.

I am building this to replace an older box, When I get to

INSERT INTO `users` (`email`, `password`, `quota`) VALUES ('[email protected]', ENCRYPT('secret'), 10485760);

(Please take care you use the ENCRYPT syntax in the second INSERT statement in order to encrypt the password!)

Can I use pre encrypted passwords (from a Webmin export file)

WaveQam

6. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Yes - if webmin and MySQL use the same ENCRYPT function. I think you must test it.