[The Perfect Spamsnake Ubuntu 10.10] - Problems with domains.

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by itsnedkeren, Feb 19, 2011.

1. itsnedkeren

itsnedkeren New Member

Thanks for a good guide :)

I seem to have the system running, BUT I'm getting errors when adding the SMTP server to my second domain.

Code:
    Error, the mailserver mailserver.xxx.com is NOT accepting mail for : yyy.com
    This happens after I click the "check" button next to the pencil.

I have 4 domains, all using the same mailserver, lets call it mailserver.xxx.com

All MX records currently point to this servers hostname, and my mail has always been running perfect, no issues, so I don't think it's a DNS/MX issue.

My first domain I CAN add to Baruwa, but funny enough this domain has the same TLD as the server on which Spamsnake is installed on, it's called mailgw.xxx.com.

So, just to clarify:

1st domain = xxx.com works fine(baruwa is called mailgw.xxx.com)
    2nd domain = Error (yyy.com)

Can anyone please point me in the right direction of a solution?

Thanks

2. topdog

topdog Active Member

Baruwa runs the check by attempting to deliver a message to postmaster@domain_name. So if you do not have postmaster account on that specific domain then you can safely ignore that error as long as all other mail gets through.

3. itsnedkeren

itsnedkeren New Member

Thanks a lot, I'll try to add a postmaster account on the domains in question.

Oh and a very noob question: I need to point all my domains MX-record to the server on where Baruwa lies, right?

4. topdog

topdog Active Member

+ No you do not have to add those accounts, if the test does not work it does not mean that normal mail will not work.

+ Yes if you need to filter the mail then you have to point the MX to the machine running the spam snake, and on your actual mail server only allow access from the spam snake such that people cannot bypass the filter and send directly to the mail server.

5. itsnedkeren

itsnedkeren New Member

Any quick method of allowing access from the mail gateway only? I'm running Debian5 with ISPConfig3. (Courier)

Thanks again.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  6. topdog

topdog Active Member

Are you trying to run the gateway and the mail server on the same machine ? This will not work with that howto you are following.

7. itsnedkeren

itsnedkeren New Member

No no, not at all. It's a seperate virtual machine. I'll start over on a fresh install :)