The Perfect SpamSnake - Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by markerman, Aug 5, 2009.

1. markerman

markerman New Member

Hi Rocky,
    Trying to build a new spamsnake server, but running into the same issue over and over again. I am doing it in VMware ESXi so I can revert back to snapshot when it goes bad. So I have tried 4 times following the instructions without deviation just in case I missed something, but I keep getting stuck at the same place. When I move Pyzor I get the following errors...

root@spamsnake:/# mv /var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyzor-* /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/

mv: cannot move `/var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyzor-0.4.0.egg-info' to `/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/': Not a directory

next line results in the following error...

root@spamsnake:/# mv /var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyzor* /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/pyzor/

mv: target `/var/lib/python-support/python2.5/pyzor/' is not a directory

For the second line I create the /python2.5/pyzor dir in the /var/lib/python-support dir. Then the

root@spamsnake:/# mv /var/lib/python-support/python2.6/pyzor* /var/lib/python-support/python2.5/pyzor/
    succeeds...

I then try to do the

pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover

and I get

-bash: /usr/bin/pyzor: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I think something is missing in the instructions or the commands

mv /usr/bin/python /usr/bin/python26
    ln -s /usr/bin/python2.5 /usr/bin/python

or the chmod commands are not doing the right thing. seems like python 2.5 is not installed. Thoughts on what I do now?

James

2. markerman

markerman New Member

I fixed this initial error but I'm getting other errors in the mail.log

I searched the forums for this error, found some threads, but I have not been able to resolve the issue. I get the following errors in my mail.log

Aug 5 09:29:26 spamsnake MailScanner[4641]: Read 850 hostnames from the phishing whitelist
    Aug 5 09:29:26 spamsnake MailScanner[4641]: Read 5821 hostnames from the phishing blacklist
    Aug 5 09:29:27 spamsnake MailScanner[4641]: Using SpamAssassin results cache
    Aug 5 09:29:27 spamsnake MailScanner[4641]: Could not create SpamAssassin cache database /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/SpamAssassin.cache.db
    Aug 5 09:29:27 spamsnake MailScanner[4641]: Enabling SpamAssassin auto-whitelist functionality...
    Aug 5 09:29:28 spamsnake MailScanner[4638]: /var/spool/mqueue is not owned by user 110 !
    Aug 5 09:29:31 spamsnake MailScanner[4643]: MailScanner E-Mail Virus Scanner version 4.75.11 starting...
    Aug 5 09:29:31 spamsnake MailScanner[4643]: Could not read directory Outgoing
    Aug 5 09:29:31 spamsnake MailScanner[4643]: Error in configuration file line 153, directory Outgoing Queue Dir = /var/spool/postfix/incoming for outqueuedir does not exist (or is not readable)

Rocky, you there?

James

3. Rocky

Rocky Member

Hey,

Please double check that you did everything in section 16 and also section 17. It must be permission issues.

Rocky

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. markerman

markerman New Member

Permissions

I'm starting over again...

I got permissions so messed up It would take more time for me to figure it out than to revert back to snapshot and start over.

Thanks.