The Perfect Spamsnake - Ubuntu Jaunty Pyzor Error -- Author Rocky

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by moomooboy, Jun 15, 2009.

1. moomooboy

moomooboy New Member

The Perfect Spamsnake - Ubuntu Jaunty Pyzor Error -- Posting Rocky

Hi Rocky,

I've been following your new guide, i'm new to linux and i would like to implement this Spamsnake gateway to try out.

But i don't think the following message is right, i'm assuming this is an error, i don't know if i've missed something here, but i've followed your guide twice, everytime i reach this part,

I get the bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Error: ?? (Below)

root@armourmail:~# pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover
    -bash: /usr/bin/pyzor: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

root@armourmail:~# pyzor ping -bash: /usr/bin/pyzor: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Could you please let me know how to fix this.:(

Regards

Henry

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Please make sure that python is installed.

Code:
    aptitude install python

3. moomooboy

moomooboy New Member

aptitude install python

Hi Falko,

when i typed "aptitude install python"

It states it will uninstall it, so i press Yes, i then reran "aptitude install python"

root@armourmail:~# aptitude install python
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information
    Initializing package states... Done
    No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
    Writing extended state information... Done
    Building dependency tree

I then ran again: (same error message), could it have something to do with editing python to use back 2.5 instead of 2.6? :confused:

pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover
    -bash: /usr/bin/pyzor: /usr/bin/python: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

4. mrtero

mrtero New Member

Same problem as the above

Code:
    root@postrens1:/usr/src/mailscanner/MailScanner-install-4.75.11# pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover
    a quote from the guide:
    So I assume that i somehow need to install python2.5? but how would I manage that?

Edit: Forgot to add the message that accure when i try to run the command
    Code:
    aptitude install python
    Code:
    root@postrens1:/usr/src/mailscanner/MailScanner-install-4.75.11# aptitude install python
    Building dependency tree
    Writing extended state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      clamav{u} clamav-base{u} clamav-daemon{u} clamav-freshclam{u} libclamav6{u} libconvert-binhex-perl{u} libconvert-tnef-perl{u} libdbd-sqlite3-perl{u}
      liberror-perl{u} libfilesys-df-perl{u} libio-socket-inet6-perl{u} libio-stringy-perl{u} libmail-spf-perl{u} libmime-perl{u} libmime-tools-perl{u}
      libnet-cidr-lite-perl{u} libnet-cidr-perl{u} libnetaddr-ip-perl{u} libole-storage-lite-perl{u} libsocket6-perl{u} libsys-hostname-long-perl{u}
      libsys-syslog-perl{u} libtommath0{u} re2c{u} spamassassin{u} spamc{u} tnef{u}
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 27 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 32.6MB will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  5. mrtero

mrtero New Member

Could it be that i need to install python2.5?

- http://packages.ubuntu.com/jaunty/python2.5

Code:
    apt-get install python2.5
    Or will this mess up some random configuration that I do not know about? :-/

Here is an output of what i get when i run the command:
    Code:
    dpkg -l
    Code:
    ii  python                            2.6.2-0ubuntu1                    An interactive high-level object-oriented language (default version)
    ii  python-apt                        0.7.9~exp2ubuntu10                Python interface to libapt-pkg
    ii  python-central                    0.6.11ubuntu7                     register and build utility for Python packages
    ii  python-dbus                       0.83.0-1ubuntu1                   simple interprocess messaging system (Python interface)
    ii  python-gdbm                       2.6.2-0ubuntu1                    GNU dbm database support for Python
    ii  python-gnupginterface             0.3.2-9ubuntu2                    Python interface to GnuPG (GPG)
    ii  python-gobject                    2.16.1-1ubuntu2                   Python bindings for the GObject library
    ii  python-minimal                    2.6.2-0ubuntu1                    A minimal subset of the Python language (default version)
    ii  python-newt                       0.52.2-11.3ubuntu3                A NEWT module for Python
    ii  python-openssl                    0.7-2ubuntu1                      Python wrapper around the OpenSSL library
    ii  python-pam                        0.4.2-12ubuntu3                   A Python interface to the PAM library
    ii  python-pyopenssl                  0.7-2ubuntu1                      transitional dummy package
    ii  python-serial                     2.3-1                             pyserial - module encapsulating access for the serial port
    ii  python-support                    0.8.7ubuntu4                      automated rebuilding support for Python modules
    ii  python-twisted-bin                8.2.0-2                           Event-based framework for internet applications
    ii  python-twisted-core               8.2.0-2                           Event-based framework for internet applications
    ii  python-zopeinterface              3.4.0-0ubuntu3                    The implementation of interface definitions for Zope 3
    ii  python2.6                         2.6.2-0ubuntu1                    An interactive high-level object-oriented language (version 2.6)
    ii  python2.6-minimal                 2.6.2-0ubuntu1                    A minimal subset of the Python language (version 2.6)
    ii  pyzor                             1:0.4.0+cvs20030201-8             spam-catcher using a collaborative filtering network
    ii  razor                             1:2.85-1                          spam-catcher using a collaborative filtering network

6. mrtero

mrtero New Member

Sorry for spamming your thread here :p

But seems to work here : D

So the solution was:

Install python2.5
    Code:
    apt-get install python2.5
    which looked something like this:

Code:
    root@postrens1:/usr/src/mailscanner/MailScanner-install-4.75.11# apt-get install python2.5
    Building dependency tree
    The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
      libconvert-binhex-perl re2c clamav libmail-spf-perl clamav-freshclam libsocket6-perl liberror-perl libnetaddr-ip-perl clamav-base libclamav6 spamassassin
      libfilesys-df-perl libmime-tools-perl spamc tnef libio-stringy-perl libole-storage-lite-perl clamav-daemon libnet-cidr-lite-perl libio-socket-inet6-perl
      libsys-syslog-perl libconvert-tnef-perl libmime-perl libnet-cidr-perl libtommath0 libdbd-sqlite3-perl libsys-hostname-long-perl
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    The following extra packages will be installed:
      python2.5-minimal
    Suggested packages:
      python2.5-doc python-profiler binfmt-support
    The following NEW packages will be installed:
      python2.5 python2.5-minimal
    0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 4108kB of archives.
    After this operation, 15.0MB of additional disk space will be used.
    Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
    Get:1 http://no.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main python2.5-minimal 2.5.4-1ubuntu4 [1191kB]
    Get:2 http://no.archive.ubuntu.com jaunty/main python2.5 2.5.4-1ubuntu4 [2917kB]
    Fetched 4108kB in 3s (1255kB/s)
    Selecting previously deselected package python2.5-minimal.
    (Reading database ... 35455 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking python2.5-minimal (from .../python2.5-minimal_2.5.4-1ubuntu4_i386.deb) ...
    Selecting previously deselected package python2.5.
    Unpacking python2.5 (from .../python2.5_2.5.4-1ubuntu4_i386.deb) ...
    Processing triggers for man-db ...
    Setting up python2.5-minimal (2.5.4-1ubuntu4) ...
    Linking and byte-compiling packages for runtime python2.5...

Setting up python2.5 (2.5.4-1ubuntu4) ...

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
    ldconfig deferred processing now taking place
    and than I ran the command again
    Code:
    pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover
    which gave me this output:
    Code:
    root@postrens1:/usr/src/mailscanner/MailScanner-install-4.75.11# pyzor --homedir /var/lib/MailScanner discover
    downloading servers from http://pyzor.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/inform-servers-0-3-x

7. moomooboy

moomooboy New Member

Spam all you like =p

I'm building this to stop spammer like you mrtero :p

Thanks, i guess we really need to READ the instructions properly !

how did you resolve the Clamav-module??

when i run the apt-get command to download Clamav-module, i think it says it doesn't exist~!

8. mrtero

mrtero New Member

Awh, haven't posted my solution to that yet, but this is mainly because I don't believe that i have solved it :p

I installed clamav instead of clamav-module :p

And I will try to follow the rest of the tutorial with that : ) haven't come to any problems yet, but then again, haven't configured ClamAV yet either :p

So, who knows : )

Found this while searching at google tho:

- http://help.lockergnome.com/linux/Switching-clamavmodule-clamd-MailScanner--ftopict481680.html

He mentions something about Clamav-module, but I myself think that we are searching for the wrong package :p

Wish I had better news for you : ) but will keep you updated, just keep an eye out on the forum ;D

- meat another problem tho,

16.4 Start the system
    Code:
    check_mailscanner
    /etc/init.d/postfix star
    I get this error when I run check_mailscanner
    Code:
    -bash: check_mailscanner: command not found
    But I do not believe that this is a serious problem : )

9. mrtero

mrtero New Member