things that need creating.

Discussion in 'Developers' Forum' started by Spum, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Spum

Spum ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Hi, i'm back after a long hiatus, and willing to start work immediately on somethign which will require developer interaction. What we need to do is create an API which runs within ISPconfig which allows us to specify the main parts of a webapp which need to modified in order to be successfully working on a person's account.

The API needs to be able to do the following:
    * Ascertain which applications are installed, and their versions.
    * Distinguish which variables and configurations contain mysql account connectability.
    * Read configuration variables which contain internal settings for the application, and allow the user to edit these before installation.
    * Ascertain file structures of applications; which files to remove, which files to move and edit, etc.

I'm currently working on this API, so that then, for applications, all we need to do is specify a small amount of instructions, and then the possibilities are limitless per application, always because we just have to supply the credentials, etc and then the API will be able to automatically do the rest; this already surpassing fantastico, which is hard-coded.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Welcome back! :)

I think this kind of API can be very useful. Also a type of package database where the versions of apache, php, etc. that where compiled by ISPConfig are stored will avoid the recompiling during an upgrade if the version has not changed.

3. Spum

Spum ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Thanks till

Thanks till! great idea, by the way :)

4. torusturtle

torusturtle ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Is there a draft for this API?
    Is some of it already in th beta 3.0.0.7?

5. till

No.

No. ISPConfig 3 does not compile any appliactions during setup.

6. torusturtle

torusturtle ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Do we both talk about the ISPConfig API?
    If so, why does that rely on compiling applications?

7. till

You're right, I mixed up some threads :)

There is no api for third party packages in ISPConfig 3 avilable yet.