thinking of buying ISPConfig 3 Billing Module

Discussion in 'General' started by RHITNL, Mar 31, 2015.

1. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Hi Till and team,

I'm very impresses about ISPconfig3 so far and been playing around a lot with it. :D
    Need to get used to some settings but it works briljant om my centos 6.5 VPS.
    I also looked around for a decent billing system (hopefully automated) but nothing is realy good enough combined with ispc.
    Don't want to pay a monthly fee for a to complex external tool.
    I've read somewhere you might be building a automated system/frontend as well. When I buy ISPConfig 3 Billing Module, does it include any future updates and extra's? Will the coming update to bootstrap also be implemented in ISPConfig 3 Billing Module?

Regards,

Ralph

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Yes, we are working on a billing frontend. You can also integrate the current version of the billing module in your existing website with the remote API.

The price contains all billing module updates and addons like the shop frontend that get released within 1 year after the purchase. Additional years of update protection can be purchased then at a price of 39 EUR.

Yes. We are working already on the migration of the billing module to bootstrap.

Lionheart82 likes this.
  3. DDArt

DDArt Member

I got mine just recently and hope that your next release is within the year :) It has been awhile since an update. I like it, simple but I might be having some PayPal issue not marking invoices paid. I re-created the custom message saying that might take up to 24 hrs for the invoice to update so clients won't double pay.

4. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Thanks for the reply both! One thing that is really important to me is the payment. PayPal is not really a standard in Holland so I need another payment system integration. They supply all kinds of existing api's and code for custom. This last one should be the thing I need. Is there anyway to test it? Just a part of billing code that communicates with payment system? I know a bit of php so I think I will be able to manage. Didn't found anyone on the web who actually managed to get it going.
    The system is called Mollie and the custom api code can be found on github.
    https://github.com/mollie/mollie-api-php

Really appreciate your 2 cents on this

Regards,
    Ralph

5. till

It is quite easy to integrate other payment systems as the payment page is a separate php/html page, so all you have to do is to add an icon for your payment method there and the code that is required to generate the link to send the cutomer to the gateway of your payment provider. then you have to add a file where your payment provider can call back ispconfig and this script just has to contain a single line of sql code to update the payment state to paid.

The latest 1.4RC2 version of the billing module support also SEPA debit pyments which is used all over europe.

DDArt likes this.
  6. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

Great! The billing is bought now and implemented but need to read a lot how to get it work exactly.
    I downloaded the version which is offered after the payment is done but this is an older version you mention.
    1.3rev10. The manual is 1.1 and you are talking about 1.4RC2.
    A release candidate is not a a wise thing to use on a production system but where can I find it?

7. till

We are sending the rc release by email on request. just send me a mail ti info at ispconfig dot org.

8. RHITNL

RHITNL Member

I've been playing around with the billing and remote user but it's not worth building a custom system that communicates via remote user if there will be a "front end" in the new version. Haven't found any e-commerce system that actualy works with the API (other than abandon projects on github)
    Any news about the 3.1 update?