TNEF encoding

Discussion in 'General' started by Juan Jose, Jan 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Juan Jose

Juan Jose New Member

Hi all,
    i would like to know if exist any way to solve the tnef (microsoft propietary) mime encoding. I have a customer with IOS iphone and he is receiving all attachments as a wimail.dat file, i have found third party programs like tnefs-enough by Josh Jacob but i´m asking myself if exists any ispconfig own solution or configuration not dependant on external client plugins.

Thanks in advance.

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

To clarify, someone sent an email to your customer that your customer's ios mail client can't read and you want the mail server to change that (eg. reformat the incoming message)? No, ISPConfig does not have a solution for that specifically; you could try opening the message in roundcube which appears to have a tnef decoder (I don't know how complete it is offhand, I don't have many messages with winmail.dat attachments - I did find one where the attachment included a pdf file, and roundcube handled that correctly, but others (probably RTF?) it did not). You could search for or attempt to write tools that either tie into delivery or reprocess your mail files.