Tooltip / Help Module

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by arraken, Mar 22, 2016.

1. arraken

arraken Member

Hi!
    I asked about a "Tooltip Help Module" a long time ago in this thread: https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/tooltip-help-module.60107/.
    I lost track of that, as we didn't really need it urgently back then. However now the issue has come back up, and I wanted to ask what the status on this is? Does this function already exist somewhere? I couldn't find it in the new 3.1 UI.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The basic tooltip functionality is integrated in ISPConfig since 3.0.5 and is e.g. used by the billing module. We are currently working on a set of tooltips for the whole application as part of the ISPconfig 3.1 manual.

arraken and Jesse Norell like this.
  3. arraken

arraken Member

Ok, thanks for the info Till. I have some more questions regarding this:

1. Will this set of tooltips be integrated in the first official ISPConfig 3.1 Release, or will we have to wait longer for it? The reason I'm asking is, that we are reworking our FAQ and customer support in general, because many customers have big problems using ISPConfig without issuing a lot of support tickets. So it would be nice to know how if it's worth waiting for your tooltips, or if we should start our own thing..
    2. Do you have any info how I can use the tooltip functionality to write my own tooltips?
    3 If I write my own tooltips, can I do it in a "plugin" kind of way, so the tooltips don't get overwritten everytime I update ISPConfig.

4. arraken

arraken Member

any info on this?

5. till

The tooltips will be part of the ISPConfig manual, not part of ISPConfig tar.gz. As a Howtoforge subscriber, you will be able to use the Tooltips on your server. As far as I know, there is no documentation on the tooltip framework available yet.

I just cehcked the code of the billing module which uses the tooltip framework. a tooltip can be added in the html template like this:

Code:
    <label for="invoice_number_prefix">{tmpl_var name='invoice_number_prefix_txt'} <div class="ttip" title="{tmpl_var name='invoice_number_prefix_ttip_txt'}"></div></label>

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  6. arraken

arraken Member

Hi!
    You said that as a Howtoforge subscriber I will be able to use the tooltips on my server, and that the tooltips will be part of the manual. I don't really understand how this is supposed to work? The manual is just a PDF. How can I enable tooltips on the Server using the manual? Am I getting something wrong here?

7. till

I said that we plan to make a tooltip module as part of a future manual version. I did not say that tooltips are part of the current PDF manual.

8. arraken

arraken Member

Got it, sorry! Any timeline on the tooltip module?

9. till

It is on our todo list and we started the development already, but I can't give an estimated release date.

arraken likes this.