Transfer vServer (1&1) to rServer (netdirekt,ISPconfig) - Part 1 - DNS

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by berli, Mar 11, 2007.

1. berli

berli New Member

Dear readers and members,
    after 1 week i need your helps. The basics was follow:
    - i have one vServer from 1&1, with one register domain "zittec.de", this was my primary dns server, on vServer i use Plesk
    - i have ordered one new rServer from netdirekt.de with centOS and i use the install support from ispconfig.org (this was great and fast!)
    - i have 7 domains, all domains was registered by providerdomain.de (schlundtech)
    - on this time, i use the second dns service from providerdomain, the primary was zittec.de on the vServer, all other dns konfiguration makes plesk for me

my new rServer becomes the domain hits4all.de, also the ispconfig use this domän

my goal was the follow (i have read the mini-howto godaddy and other posting, but i can not find the -red line-, sorry...)
    1. one primary dns on the rServer under the domän hits4all.de (local)
    2. the secondary, makes providerdomain (extern)
    3. all other domains use the primary (local) and the secondary (extern)

i think i have one problem, problem with the first domain (hits4all.de) = hehn and egg ?
    ok, one provider domain i can use 4 selection

1. i have/use primary and secondary DNS server (i can insert FQDN for 1 and 2 DNS)
    2. i have/use one primary, and secondary was providerdomain
    3. . i have/use one secondary DNS Server , and primary was providerdomain
    4. i use providerdomains for primary and secondary dns
    on the selection 2-4 i can insert sub-domains / dns entries (a/aaaa/cname and so one)

ok, i found no way or no sulution for this problem. all the results of my test was wrong. what must i do first? second and the next, next and next...

can help their me?

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer