Translation for error pages

Discussion in 'General' started by variable99, Nov 22, 2023.

1. variable99

variable99 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do I correctly assume that error page language is selected by client language? If client use DE language in ISPC during website setup - system will take DE language for error pages?

2. pyte

pyte Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

In the client settings there is a lanuage field. If available ISPConfig will use the lanuage of the set lanuage otherwise it's english.

3. variable99

Does the user language corelates to website error pages? Because I see that error pages are divided into languages.

4. pyte

Oh now i get what you mean. I'm not sure but i can check if no one will answer in the meantime

variable99 likes this.
  5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Most likely, the error pages are in the general system language, which is set in server config.inc.php file.

pyte and variable99 like this.
  6. pyte

It took me a while to find the lines regarding the errordocs in apache2_plugin.inc.php but till was already faster :)
    $conf['language'] is used which is if i'm not mistaken exactly what till assumed the system language.

7. variable99

Thanks for the trouble :) . It's time for translation!
    P.S. Attached Lithuanian language translation for /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/lang . Remove .txt from ending.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  8. pyte

If you want to contribute to the project you should have a look into https://git.ispconfig.org/
    There is a CONTRIBUTING.md file in the ISPConfig repository which explains the process.

9. variable99

Yes, I know. Just a small problem - I can't register to their gitlab. Account never verified.

10. pyte

@till will help you with that :)

11. till

Send me a pm with your git.ispconfig.org username, so I can look that up in Gitlab.

12. variable99

Hm, probably it is a bug: I have added translated error pages, "standard_index.html_lt", favicon.ico and robots.txt to "/usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom" index and error folders. Problem: seems error and inde.html does not get copied upon website setup for client with different language than "en". Steps to reproduce problem:
    1. Add custom conf files to /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom
    2. Create client and set his language to for example "lt" (this is my language)
    3. Create website
    favicon.ico and robots.txt is copied from conf-custom, but error and custom index file - does not. It is still "en".

13. till

You'll probably have to put them into /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf/index and error folders most likely as you can not use a file override for something that does not exist in the first place.

variable99 likes this.
  14. variable99

You are correct.

15. variable99

Weird, problem still here. I have uploaded to conf and conf-custom, checked permissions, added first user and than website (I thought maybe user this is the problem as I add everything via API). Still english index and error pages...

16. pyte

The ISPConfig system language is set to "lt"?

17. variable99

Yes, user language set to "lt".

18. till

This is not about user language, it is about $conf['language'] setting in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lob/config.inc.php

19. variable99

Ooo, so I should change entire panel language before setting user? My users speak two languages: lt and en.

20. till

Currently, this is not user-specific, it's set per server.

ahrasis likes this.