transparent apache redirection.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by yoplait, Mar 1, 2017.

1. yoplait

yoplait Member

Hi there,
    I'm trying to do a transparent apache redirection of an URL, but i can't make it works ... :(

Here it is : I have a domain name something.com that I own.
    I have a shop system available on otherthing.com/app.html that I pay, but I can't bring it on my dedicaced server.
    My customers have the something.com address and i don't want them to see the otherthing.com/app.html address in the URL address bar of their internet navigator.
    In other words, i want them to write something.com in the URL bar, redirect it to otherthing.com/app.html but the URL shown in the URL bar stay unchanged to something.com.

Of course, i tried the ispconfig redirection module. I tried L, R, but it changes anyway the URL bar address to the new one.
    I tried to enable the apache proxy module and tried to use ProxyPass in apache options. I just have apache server errors.

Does someone has any clue for me for this problem ?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I would use a proxy for that. Which errors did you get?

3. yoplait

yoplait Member

Differents errors... : 500, 403, 404 ...
    I think I found a solution from a friend : I used iframes and it does the job.

Something like this in the index.html page of the main website :
    Code:
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <html lang="fr">
    <head>
    <!-- Required meta tags -->
    <meta charset="utf-8"><meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-fit=no">
    <!-- Page info -->
    <title>My site title</title>
    <meta content="EDIT__Description_of_content_130_to_155_characters" name="description">
    <!-- CSS -->
    <style>
    body {
    margin: 0;
    }
    iframe.boombastic {
    position: fixed;
    top: 0;
    left: 0;
    z-index: 1;
    outline: 0;
    height: 100vh;
    width: 100vw;
    border: none;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <iframe class="boombastic" src="https://the-app-address.html" width="400" height="300"></iframe></iframe>
    </body>
    </html>

Even if I don't understand everything there, a friend gave me that and it works ! :)

Thanks for you help anyway.