Trouble Receiving incoming mail in a specific domain email inbox

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pawan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. pawan

pawan Member

I am not able to find the problem what I am doing wrong. I have hosted the dns record on the doamain server.
    mail dns points like this and the query for the mx record is correctly returned to 10:mail.suncitypalace.co.in.

Now when I am sending mail to [email protected] from outside like gmail, the email is neither delivered nor bounced in the gmail id.
    But I am sending mail from any domain in the server the mail is getting delivered. I have also checked the quota. it is ok.
    What could be reason for the same I am not able to find the reason for the same.

Pawan Joshi

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Post the output of:

nestat -tap | grep smtp

and check the dns record e.g. at intodns.com.

3. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Check your DNS:
    <[email protected]>: Host or domain name not found. Name service error
    for name=mail.suncitypalace.co.in type=AAAA: Host not found

maybe you have just an A-Record.

4. pawan

pawan Member

root@server1:/home/pawan# netstat -tap | grep smtp
    tcp 0 0 *:ssmtp *:* LISTEN 4150/master
    tcp 0 0 *:smtp *:* LISTEN 4150/master

Code:
    MX     Info     MX Records    Your MX records that were reported by your nameservers are:

10   mail.suncitypalace.co.in   No A Record (no glue either)

[These are all the MX records that I found. If there are some non common MX records at your nameservers you should see them below. ]
    Pass     Different MX records at nameservers     Good. Looks like all your nameservers have the same set of MX records. This tests to see if there are any MX records not reported by all your nameservers and also MX records that have the same hostname but different IPs
    Pass     MX name validity     Good. I did not detect any invalid hostnames for your MX records.
    Pass     MX IPs are public     OK. All of your MX records appear to use public IPs.
    Pass     MX CNAME Check     OK. No problems here.
    Pass     MX A request returns CNAME     OK. No CNAMEs returned for A records lookups.
    Pass     MX is not IP     OK. All of your MX records are host names.
    Info     Number of MX records     OK. Looks like you only have one MX record at your nameservers. You should be careful about what you are doing since you have a single point of failure that can lead to mail being lost if the server is down for a long time.
    Pass     Mismatched MX A     OK. I did not detect differing IPs for your MX records.
    Pass     Duplicate MX A records     OK. I have not found duplicate IP(s) for your MX records. This is a good thing.
    Pass     Reverse MX A records (PTR)     Your reverse (PTR) record:
    You have reverse (PTR) records for all your IPs, that is a good thing. 

5. florian030

florian030 ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

create a a-record for mail.suncitypalace.co.in

6. pawan

pawan Member

Thanks Florian030
    It looks like I was missing A record for mail.suncitypalace.co.in
    Regards
    Pawan