Trouble updating ISPConfig from 3.0.5p1 to 3.0.5.4p5

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by fatmike, Mar 16, 2015.

1. fatmike

fatmike Member

Hi,
    I have setup this multiserver system:
    vps02.domain.com -> Master Server (web,mail)
    vps01.domain.com ->Slave (primary DNS, master MySQL)
    vps03.domain.com ->Slave (secondary DNS, master MySQL)
    vps04.domain.com ->Slave (web)

I updated ISPconfig on the Master server(vps02.domain.com) just fine using ispconfig_update.sh
    I get "Unable to connect to mysql server" when i try to update every single slave.
    I tried to connect to MySQL server of Master and it was successful.

The good thing is that any change im doing on ISPConfig Master (creating,deleting databases, websites, dns) affects the Slaves as should.
    But its not ideal to have different versions of ISPConfig installed.

Any idea why this error coming up?
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The updater uses the root user (as it has to modify the mysql user of the slave and install / update database tables) while the normal slave connect is with the ispcsrv* users. There must be a problem with the root user connection only, please check the root user connection like this on the slave:

mysql -h vps02.domain.com -u root -p

fatmike likes this.
  3. fatmike

fatmike Member

You are right:
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'vps01.domain.com' (using password: YES)

But in Master USER_PRIVILEGES table there are records that grand permission on 'root'@'vps01.domain.com' and 'root'@'1.1.1.1' where 1.1.1.1 is vps01 IP

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check if the /etc/hosts files on all nodes are correct.

5. fatmike

fatmike Member

The hosts file is correct.
    I restored the backup of information_schema database of Master and now the update continued on slaves as normal.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: In case you have a slave web server with ISPConfig installation don't forget to enter:
    Code:
    scp -p /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php root@**SLAVE_IP**:/usr/local/ispconfig/interface/lib/config.inc.php
    in master server after the update procedure is complete.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015