Trouble with Co-Domain

Discussion in 'General' started by Hotwire, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Hotwire

Hotwire New Member

On my server I have a site setup called isptech.net. the DNS is setup properly, and it uses the co-domain www.isptech.net.

However....

At some times www.isptech.net is un-reachable, but isptech.net is. Im not sure what is going on, but it sees like the DNS is going up and down and up and down for some reason.

i have 3 DNS Servers Setup, all at seperate Locations on seperate IP's. One of them is lame, but the other two are fully active. and have matching records.

can any one help me?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The site should be www.isp-tech.net and the co-domain isp-tech.net, otherwise ISPConfig will add the www hostname automatically to your site.

Have you checked the dns servers with the dig command when the domain is unreachable, to make sure that it is really a dns problem? Any errors in your syslog or bind log?

3. Hotwire

Hotwire New Member

your right, thats now I have it setup, I setup the domain as isptech.net and it automaticly adds the www do the dns enrty. Its all there, built exactly the same as an other domain I host, and it works just fine. I will use the dig command next chance I have, I really hope to get this sorted out ASAP!