Tuneup Fedora 11

Discussion in 'Desktop Operation' started by cybereatl, Aug 29, 2009.

1. cybereatl

cybereatl Member

Hi Folks,

I've being working a while and now facing some audio issues when playing movies and also checking on Disk analizer usage, and seems in 100% but if selecting all folder and files, is not exceeding 30Gb.

System is getting a bit slow and no idea how to speed it up.

Any hints will be appreciated.:D

Attached Files:

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

What's the output of
    Code:
    df -h
    ?

3. Rayin

Rayin New Member

The Fedora Project is an openly-developed project designed by Red Hat, open for general participation, led by a meritocracy, following a set of project objectives.

4. hodge

hodge New Member

I have downloaded the fedora 11 image i dont want to waste a dvd and i want to mount the image in windows xp so that when i restart xp i can boot from the dvd.Please give me the step by step procedure to do it

5. falko

6. jedc53

jedc53 New Member

Its a very nice screenshots.I have not had this problem much lately. I have found that when it does happen,that shutting down the machineand starting it back up seems to fix it. Hasn't happened in several weeks.The fact that the machine is half a year old, and that the problem 'goes away' upon reboot to clear this up.

7. zoriasena

zoriasena New Member

Desktop Operation

I have a dell desktop dimension 3000, about 6 years old. A new power supply was put in last spring. Lately, while working on the computer, it shuts down completely. Any ideas/thoughts????

8. falko

Any errors in your logs?