Type=AAAA: Host not found (...)

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by farao, Nov 6, 2006.

1. farao

farao New Member

Dear all,

After installing ISPConfig and using it for some time now, I get strange returned mail. The error is from my Postfix installation, and says:

Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=a_certain_domain.nl type=AAAA: Host found but no data record of requested type

I already found it is a IPv6-thing, and it frequently happens when the receiving server is behind a router or something that doesn't really comply to the Rules of Ripe. My mail gets returned with this error when mailing companies (a few anyway).

I can live with not being able to e-mail certain companies, but it's rather annoying.
    Is there anything at all I can do except hope everybody will wisen up and start using proper DNS-servers?

Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You can create an AAAA record for a_certain_domain.nl on the authoritative name server for that domain.

3. farao

farao New Member

Hi Falko,

Thanks for the reply (I acted on it, and added aaaa-records for my domains, trust me), but the error occurs for domains that are not under my control. I found a config parameter in postfix where I can tell it to only use the IPv4 protocol, and that helps: now i get the error that a type A record for the domain can't be found. If I dig the domain, it promptly returns the A-record. Meanwhile my mail still bounces for completely valid domains...

Thanks, Farao

4. martinfst

martinfst ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Code:
    AAAA
        IPv6 address, code 28. Used for storing an IPv6 128-bit address associated with a domain name. Defined in RFC 3596.
    Have you enabled IPv6 support? I know I have fully disabled it, but I guess you need to tell some utilities to use IPv6. With e.g. bind/named you have to add -6 as a parameter during startup.

5. farao

farao New Member

I did disable ipv6, and have dug into resolv.conf, which showed me it only searched my own gateway... not good. I added a search lan and a couple of the nameservers my isp runs, and it seems that was what caused the problems.
    I don't use the namewerver ispconfig installs, maybe that's part of the problem as well, but since my isp hase good servers, i thought, why bother running my own. maybe I should consider it though...

Thanks for thinking with me,
    Farao

6. martinfst

One of the reasons to run a local DNS server is the ability to do caching. But you need to modify the default settings, to forward at least to the upstream DNS servers, most usually the ones of your ISP.

7. farao

farao New Member

This is turning into a bit more than a simple ipv6-problem: after changing my resolv.conf, I no longer receive any mail. Sending is fine, but nothing comes back in. mail.log shows connection timeouts on port 25, and a lot of tries from my domainhosters backup mailservers...
    Can somebody show me a proper resolv.conf, and tell me to YES or NO activate the dns-server on ispconfig?

8. falko

This is a valid /etc/resolv.conf:
    Code:
    nameserver 145.253.2.75
    nameserver 193.174.32.18
    If you want to run your own DNS servers, activate it; if someone else (e.g. your registrar) manages your DNS records, don't activate it.

9. farao

farao New Member

Thanks Falko.
    Mail bounces back to me with a Too Many Hops error. Can you point me in the richt direction? My mail.log shows me the attempts from my secondairy mailserver to deliver mails. It looks like connections time out, but I don't know how or why... my mail-errorlog shows a couple of logins from an ip on my internal network (probably during a reboot).
    Nothing out of the ordinary happened on this system...

Edit---
    The plot thickens. In my syslog I see entries like:
    Feb 5 20:18:46 atlas postfix/qmgr[9333]: E766C1D426D: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=28365, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to server.com[IP_HERE]: Connection timed out)

All I changes where hosts and resolv.conf. THat was on feb 3. Since then it's been too quiet in my mailbox.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  10. falko

Can you post the real log message (without replacing IP addresses and hostnames)?

What exactly did you change?

11. farao

farao New Member

Sure, I'll post it when I get home. Also, a netstat -tap showed a LOT of services (inlcuding pop. impa etcetera) listening on tcp6. How that happened, I don't know. I'll post that output as well.

About the changes, I remember now I did a apt-upgrade that refreshed some libs, but nothing like Bind or courier. I changed hosts to include the machinename, and resolv.conf to start with an external dns-server instead of my routers IP. After that I sent an email that reached its destination as planned, an d then nothing anymore.

Netstat -tap:
    Code:
    Active Internet connections (servers and established)
    Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:60000 *:*                     LISTEN     4425/postgrey.pid -
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:49956 *:*                     LISTEN     4357/hpiod
    tcp        0      0 *:mysql                 *:*                     LISTEN     5042/mysqld
    tcp        0      0 *:81                    *:*                     LISTEN     5867/ispconfig_http
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomai:domain *:*                     LISTEN     6015/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.locald:domain *:*                     LISTEN     6015/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:ipp *:*                     LISTEN     8064/cupsd
    tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN     26674/master
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdoma:953 *:*                     LISTEN     6015/named
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:53593 *:*                     LISTEN     4360/python
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:50304 localhost.localdo:49956 ESTABLISHED4360/python
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:49956 localhost.localdo:50304 ESTABLISHED4357/hpiod
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:58085 66.249.93.147:www       ESTABLISHED20945/firefox-bin
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:58927 80.67.86.6:www          ESTABLISHED20945/firefox-bin
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:55559 a194-109-192-32.dep:www ESTABLISHED20945/firefox-bin
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:35157 atlas.localdomain:imap2 ESTABLISHED20965/mozilla-thund
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:53733 209.50.189.199:www      TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:43408 localhost.localdo:60000 ESTABLISHED21175/smtpd
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:50968 209.50.189.200:www      TIME_WAIT  -
    tcp        0      0 localhost.localdo:60000 localhost.localdo:43408 ESTABLISHED4425/postgrey.pid -
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:48882 a194-109-192-25.dep:www ESTABLISHED20945/firefox-bin
    tcp        0      0 atlas.localdomain:48852 a194-109-192-25.dep:www ESTABLISHED20945/firefox-bin
    tcp6       0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN     4573/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN     4614/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:pop3                  *:*                     LISTEN     4591/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN     4550/couriertcpd
    tcp6       0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN     6083/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN     5232/sshd
    tcp6       0      0 ip6-localhost:953       *:*                     LISTEN     6015/named
    tcp6       0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN     6083/apache2
    tcp6       0      0 atlas.localdomain:imap2 atlas.localdomain:35157 ESTABLISHED20987/couriertls
    Some log entries from mail.log (last one is spam, I know, but it should still be handled):
    Code:
    Feb  7 08:02:55 atlas postfix/qmgr[26678]: B9FB31D4308: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=44963, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to manaxa.com[194.109.228.119]: Connection timed out)
    Feb  7 08:03:16 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: connect from unknown[61.17.104.124]
    Feb  7 08:03:17 atlas postgrey[4425]: delayed 925 seconds: client=61.17.104.124, [email protected], [email protected]
    Feb  7 08:03:17 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: 7FDB81D4342: client=unknown[61.17.104.124]
    Feb  7 08:03:18 atlas postfix/cleanup[19789]: 7FDB81D4342: message-id=<001c01c74a86$7131a320$b99d8e9f@rmzln>
    Feb  7 08:03:34 atlas postfix/qmgr[26678]: 7FDB81D4342: from=<[email protected]>, size=34892, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  7 08:03:34 atlas postfix/qmgr[26678]: 7FDB81D4342: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=17, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: connect to manaxa.com[194.109.228.119]: Connection timed out)
    Feb  7 08:03:34 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: disconnect from unknown[61.17.104.124]
    Feb  7 08:04:42 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: connect from pan-2-dm3.mgn.ru[62.165.51.249]
    Feb  7 08:04:43 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from pan-2-dm3.mgn.ru[62.165.51.249]: 450 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 90 seconds (see http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/manaxa.com.html); from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=SMTP helo=<sbgc.de>
    Feb  7 08:04:43 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: lost connection after RCPT from pan-2-dm3.mgn.ru[62.165.51.249]
    Feb  7 08:04:43 atlas postfix/smtpd[19824]: disconnect from pan-2-dm3.mgn.ru[62.165.51.249]

Hosts:
    Code:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost
    10.0.0.33 atlas.localdomain atlas atlas.manaxa.com www.manaxa.com mail.manaxa.com manaxa.com www.stecher.org mail.stecher.org stecher.org

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
    ::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
    fe00::0 ip6-localnet
    ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
    ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
    ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
    ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Resolv.conf:
    Code:
    nameserver 10.0.0.138
    nameserver 194.109.6.66
    nameserver 194.109.9.99
    # domain manaxa.com

Any help is appreciated, I'm starting to miss my spam...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  12. martinfst

look like valid domain names and should not be on a 10.x.x.x address. You should leave it to DNS to resolve those. I assume you want these domains to be reachable from the internet?
    Code:
    :~$ dig www.manaxa.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> www.manaxa.com
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 35635
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 13, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;www.manaxa.com.                        IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    www.manaxa.com.         86400   IN      CNAME   manaxa.com.
    manaxa.com.             86400   IN      A       194.109.228.119

13. farao

farao New Member

I know, the 10.0.x.x is just so they are reachable from my internal network and from the server itself. DNS works from the outside... The public IP in your dig is from my gateway, which passes every request through to the linux box.

14. farao

farao New Member

Rats, outgoing mail is also not being sent... I get the feeling this is part DNS, part other stuff. I understand DNS, but the other stuff has me hanging...

Code:
    Feb  7 14:53:15 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  7 14:53:15 atlas postfix/smtp[8974]: connect to smm.nl[194.165.34.12]: Connection refused (port 25)
    Feb  7 14:53:15 atlas postfix/smtp[8974]: 5A2091D4364: to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (connect to smm.nl[194.something]: Connection Refused (port 25)
    Feb  7 14:53:15 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0

Logging in to the webmail works, I can see all my older mails, but sending results in nothing.
    Is it normal that when I do a dig on a domain that is running on the machine I do the dig on, it returns the external address? Shouldn't it check resolv.conf and return the internal IP?

Code:
    root@atlas:~# dig manaxa.com

; <<>> DiG 9.3.2 <<>> manaxa.com
    ;; global options:  printcmd
    ;; Got answer:
    ;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 47968
    ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
    ;manaxa.com.                    IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    manaxa.com.             21530   IN      A       194.109.228.119

;; Query time: 10 msec
    ;; SERVER: 10.0.0.138#53(10.0.0.138)
    ;; WHEN: Wed Feb  7 15:23:35 2007
    ;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 44

15. falko

16. farao

farao New Member

Hi Falko,

I'm not blacklisted, and my iptables says it's ok to connect...

Code:
    Chain INBOUND (1 references)
    target     prot opt source               destination
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpts:ftp-data:ftp
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpts:20:fsp
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:www
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:www
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:imap2
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:imap2
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:pop3
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:pop3
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:ssh
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:ssh
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:smtp
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:25
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp dpt:81
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            udp dpt:81
    LSI        all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  SpeedTouch.lan       anywhere            tcp flags:!FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
    ACCEPT     udp  --  SpeedTouch.lan       anywhere
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  resolver.xs4all.nl   anywhere            tcp flags:!FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
    ACCEPT     udp  --  resolver.xs4all.nl   anywhere
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  resolver.xs4all.nl   anywhere            tcp flags:!FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
    ACCEPT     udp  --  resolver.xs4all.nl   anywhere
    ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
    ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg 10/sec burst 5
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             255.255.255.255
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             10.0.0.255
    DROP       all  --  BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/8  anywhere
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/8
    DROP       all  --  255.255.255.255      anywhere
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             0.0.0.0
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state INVALID
    LSI        all  -f  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg 10/min burst 5
    INBOUND    all  --  anywhere             anywhere
    LOG_FILTER  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
    LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level info prefix `Unknown Input'

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
    ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg 10/sec burst 5
    LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level info prefix `Unknown Forward'

Chain LOG_FILTER (5 references)

Chain LSI (2 references)
    LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 LOG level info prefix `Inbound '
    DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
    LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/RST limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 LOG level info prefix `Inbound '
    DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp flags:FIN,SYN,RST,ACK/RST
    LOG        icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp echo-request limit: avg 1/sec burst 5 LOG level info prefix `Inbound '
    DROP       icmp --  anywhere             anywhere            icmp echo-request
    LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 LOG level info prefix `Inbound '
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain LSO (0 references)
    LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            limit: avg 5/sec burst 5 LOG level info prefix `Outbound '
    REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with icmp-port-unreachable

Chain OUTBOUND (1 references)
    ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
    ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere            state RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP)
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  atlas.localdomain    SpeedTouch.lan      tcp dpt:domain
    ACCEPT     udp  --  atlas.localdomain    SpeedTouch.lan      udp dpt:domain
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  atlas.localdomain    resolver.xs4all.nl  tcp dpt:domain
    ACCEPT     udp  --  atlas.localdomain    resolver.xs4all.nl  udp dpt:domain
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  atlas.localdomain    resolver.xs4all.nl  tcp dpt:domain
    ACCEPT     udp  --  atlas.localdomain    resolver.xs4all.nl  udp dpt:domain
    DROP       all  --  BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/8  anywhere
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/8
    DROP       all  --  255.255.255.255      anywhere
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             0.0.0.0
    DROP       all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state INVALID
    OUTBOUND   all  --  anywhere             anywhere
    LOG        all  --  anywhere             anywhere            LOG level info prefix `Unknown Output'

I checked the NAT-table on my router/gateway as well, but everything there is as it should be. This is driving me mad! Checking the Maildir-directories on my webs, I see some have changed content dated today, while some have feb3 as last change-date. This might mean that some domains actually get mail.
    Firewall checks out
    Hosts checks out
    resolv.conf checks out
    dns entries are ok
    router is ok
    what am I missing here?

--edit--
    Turning off the firewall doesn't help either...

17. martinfst

Are you on a server behind an ADSL line? Recently Planet Internet shutdown port 25 access in The Netherlands. Could be either your ADSL provider or your upstream provider blocking? So external firewalls.

18. farao

farao New Member

Yes, i am behind ADSL, from XS4All, and from the log entries I think mail is reaching my server, it just doesn't get delivered. Somehow, it looks like it passes straight to the backup-mailserver, which then tries to connect to me. DNS shows no strange things, and my server is primary mailserver for my domains...

--edit--
    Looks like I'm back to my original problem: still no mails in my inbox, but now it looks like a pure dns-issue.
    Code:
    Feb  8 15:43:28 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 38E121D4289: from=<[email protected]>, size=2855, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  8 15:43:28 atlas postfix/smtpd[27549]: disconnect from mx4.marktplaats.nl[213.244.166.124]
    Feb  8 15:43:28 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 38E121D4289: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=relay.transip.nl type=AAAA: Host found but no data record of requested type)
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/smtpd[27679]: connect from smt2.sanoma-uitgevers.nl[213.214.100.15]
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/smtpd[27679]: 378261D428A: client=smt2.sanoma-uitgevers.nl[213.214.100.15]
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/cleanup[27680]: 378261D428A: message-id=<DCAF851C0E12804FA274948DECC0CF17517A1B@suwnlex401.publishers.intra>
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 378261D428A: from=<[email protected]>, size=1904, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/smtpd[27679]: disconnect from smt2.sanoma-uitgevers.nl[213.214.100.15]
    Feb  8 15:45:08 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 378261D428A: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=relay.transip.nl type=AAAA: Host found but no data record of requested type)
    Feb  8 15:48:28 atlas postfix/anvil[27615]: statistics: max connection rate 2/60s for (smtp:213.244.166.124) at Feb  8 15:43:28
    Feb  8 15:48:28 atlas postfix/anvil[27615]: statistics: max connection count 1 for (smtp:213.244.166.156) at Feb  8 15:43:26
    Feb  8 15:48:28 atlas postfix/anvil[27615]: statistics: max cache size 4 at Feb  8 15:43:27
    Feb  8 15:49:05 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 077451D428E: from=<>, size=1957, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  8 15:49:05 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: 077451D428E: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=1876, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=relay.transip.nl type=AAAA: Host found but no data record of requested type)
    Feb  8 15:49:05 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: CC62C1D42A7: from=<[email protected]>, size=557, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  8 15:49:05 atlas postfix/qmgr[9110]: CC62C1D42A7: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=8884, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: Host or domain name not found. Name service error for name=relay.transip.nl type=AAAA: Host found but no data record of requested type)
    Feb  8 15:51:32 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  8 15:51:32 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  8 15:51:32 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0

Here's what I did with apt-get over the past few days... I did upgrade Bind, but that hasn't been what caused the problem (the problems began BEFORE the upgrade).
    Code:
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root     4096 Feb  7 08:32 partial
    -rw-r----- 1 root root        0 Feb  7 08:31 lock
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   199810 Feb  6 21:04 libpq4_8.1.4-0ubuntu1.3_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   681706 Feb  6 19:06 libsmbclient_3.0.22-1ubuntu3.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2075234 Feb  6 19:06 samba-common_3.0.22-1ubuntu3.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3347716 Feb  6 19:06 smbclient_3.0.22-1ubuntu3.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   108616 Feb  6 01:03 bind9-host_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   289452 Feb  6 01:03 bind9_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   175268 Feb  6 01:03 dnsutils_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    91098 Feb  6 01:03 libbind9-0_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   478478 Feb  6 01:03 libdns21_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   172316 Feb  6 01:03 libisc11_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    90560 Feb  6 01:03 libisccc0_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   102142 Feb  6 01:03 libisccfg1_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   107012 Feb  6 01:03 liblwres9_1%3a9.3.2-2ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root   199762 Feb  5 17:06 libpq4_8.1.4-0ubuntu1.2_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    31474 Feb  2 22:03 app-install-data-commercial_5.3_all.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1035584 Feb  2 22:03 synaptic_0.57.8ubuntu13_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  4587350 Feb  2 19:03 libc6_2.3.6-0ubuntu20.4_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2821984 Feb  2 19:03 libc6-dev_2.3.6-0ubuntu20.4_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  1078612 Feb  2 19:03 libc6-i686_2.3.6-0ubuntu20.4_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    71446 Feb  2 00:01 gtk2-engines-pixbuf_2.8.20-0ubuntu1.1_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  2086866 Feb  2 00:01 libgtk2.0-0_2.8.20-0ubuntu1.1_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root    21190 Feb  2 00:01 libgtk2.0-bin_2.8.20-0ubuntu1.1_i386.deb
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root  3709368 Feb  2 00:01 libgtk2.0-common_2.8.20-0ubuntu1.1_all.deb

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  19. falko

Please ask your ISP if they block port 25.

20. farao

farao New Member

They don't block ports, I checked with them, and from work, I can telnet to port 25 without problems.
    What's so annoying is that local mail (sent from the server to the server) is also not reaching its destination: mail sent from one domain hosted on ispconfig to another on the same machine, just vanishes.
    If you want, I can post main.cf, master.cf, and all the other files, I even retraced the steps from the Ubuntu 6.06 perfect setup, and everything looks ok. Being relatively new to Linux, I thought maybe a reboot would do the trick, but no...

Code:
    Feb  9 10:01:29 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:29 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:29 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:30 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=2305, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/smtpd[24013]: connect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/smtpd[24013]: 565381D42C6: client=localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/cleanup[24019]: 565381D42C6: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/qmgr[24919]: 565381D42C6: from=<[email protected]>, size=686, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/smtpd[24013]: disconnect from localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas postfix/qmgr[24919]: 565381D42C6: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (de$
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:41 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:01:45 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:01:45 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:01:45 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=1568, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:02:06 atlas imaplogin: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
    Feb  9 10:02:06 atlas imaplogin: LOGIN, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    Feb  9 10:02:06 atlas imaplogin: LOGOUT, user=sto_mendel, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1], headers=991, body=0, time=0
    Feb  9 10:02:19 atlas postfix/pickup[23408]: 2E5B61D42CA: uid=120 from=<logcheck>
    Feb  9 10:02:19 atlas postfix/cleanup[24019]: 2E5B61D42CA: message-id=<[email protected]>
    Feb  9 10:02:19 atlas postfix/qmgr[24919]: 2E5B61D42CA: from=<[email protected]>, size=14348, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
    Feb  9 10:02:19 atlas postfix/qmgr[24919]: 2E5B61D42CA: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<root>, relay=none, delay=0, status=deferred (delivery temporar$

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007