Ubuntu 10.04.4

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by kwickcut, Jan 26, 2017.

1. kwickcut

kwickcut Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am currently running The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 10.04 [ISPConfig 3] with ispconfig 3.0.5.4p6 and tried to upgrade to the latest version but i need to upgrade php to 5.3.3
    so i am thinking rather then try this i would like to upgrade to the latest ubuntu perfect sever
    The Perfect Server - Ubuntu 16.10 (Yakkety Yak) with Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot and ISPConfig 3.1
    the server is currently running 3 sites and an ftp server that has 50 or so daily users. i was wondering what the best way to upgrade the old box would be with the lease amount of downtime.

thanks in advance

kwick

2. kwickcut

anyone have any input?

3. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

10.04 has been out of security updates since april 2015... you could try ti upgrade to 12.04, then 14.04 and then 16.04 (I'd only use LTS though).

4. kwickcut

yes this is what i want to do but was looking for the process to do so. as this is a working server it is important that it is done correctly.

second likes this.
  5. gOOvER

gOOvER Member

Not possible via:

#do-release-upgrade
    ??

I have no experiance with that, but this is the way Ubuntu explain in howto's

6. kwickcut

this may work but i need to be sure that it will not affect any of the running sites. i need to be 100% sure before i attempt anything as this is a hobby and not my job lol

7. sjau

sjau Local Meanie Moderator

make sure to have backups.