Ubuntu 16.04 / Webmin - Setting up FTP on a subdomain

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by SurfBlue714, May 22, 2017.

1. SurfBlue714

SurfBlue714 New Member

Hello,
    I will start off by admitting that I am new to the world of Webmin and I am new to HowtoForge (double threat I guess, hehe). So apologies ahead of time if noobishness inspires face-palms.

Anyways my question is how would one setup a subdomain and then make it an accessible ftp? I am running Webmin 1.840 on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS and have already accomplished being able to have ftp.domain.com point to a test.php page and have created a ftp account but I need help dialing in being able to go to ftp.domain.com and being able to see an index of the files / make them a little more accessible. Any help or even just good tutorials or videos out there? So far I have searched and searched and found some but still not enough to accomplished my goal yet. My appreciation in advance for all those who read this and major appreciation for all who offer assistance!

TLDR Version:
    How would one use Webmin to accomplish setting up the ability to go to ftp.domain.com and see an index of files?