Ubuntu 18.04 support

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by iqpascal, Apr 9, 2018.

1. iqpascal

iqpascal Member

Hi,
    As said previous I am for now learning about ISPConfig on a multiserver setup. Where things are, how things work. When I am wondering I often search this forum and the answer is already there so that's wonderful. Still many questions though :)

For my production install I thought it would be a good idea to wait for Ubuntu 18.04, but how soon will ISPConfig support Ubuntu? Is this just a matter of testing if it works. If yes then update documentation that it works. Or does it need development?
    So is it smart to wait until Ubuntu is released or perhaps start now and wait until Ubuntu 18.04 is stable and migrate later on?

2. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I am already using Ubuntu 18.04 and it is working fine so far. For production however, it is better to use the last stable version of 16.04.

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Official support for Ubuntu will get added to ISPConfig in the next few weeks after we tested ISPConfig with Ubuntu 18.04.

iqpascal likes this.
  4. ZALMOXIS

ZALMOXIS New Member

Any update on this?

5. ahrasis

You can use git-stable version for 18.04 but waiting for 3.1.12 is better. Last time I checked it was already 88% ready.

6. ZALMOXIS

ZALMOXIS New Member

Ok, so when do you think it will be available? Couple of weeks or so?

7. till

next week.

8. bch

bch Member

ISPConfig 3.1.12 has been released. Now we only need to wait for the Perfect Server tutorial :)

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  9. till

There is one issue left before I can release the tutorial, the amavis version in Ubuntu 18.04 seems to be broken or changed in a way that it stopped to recognize which emails need to be signed with dkim. I have similar reports from users that use Debian testing. So one can use Ubuntu 18.04 now but not with dkim signed emails.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig3/issues/5024

The patch suggested there seems to be just a partial fix for amavis, so we have to find out first what exactly has changed from amavisd-new-2.10.1 to amavisd-new-2.11 to see why it stopped to sign emails with dkim and how to fix it either in amavis or in the amavis config.

ahrasis likes this.
  10. bch

bch Member

Thanks for letting us know.

11. ztk.me

ztk.me ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

ahh ubuntu users, why shouldn't they feel the pain a debian user felt in the past for them. ubuntu 18 users can have opendkim :)

ahrasis likes this.
  12. ahrasis

bch and till like this.