ubuntu 20.04 ispconfig 3.2 stable. Cron job sql error notice.

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris_UK, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Chris_UK

Chris_UK Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi as the title says i have an error for sql in the cron logs since updating.

Note this is on just one server in a multi server setup. All the other servers upgraded just fine with a few tweaks like adding the packages listed at the end.

Code:
    Thu Nov 19 19:38:01 GMT 2020 Falsche Anfrage / Wrong Query SQL-Query = SET character_set_results = 'utf8', character_set_client = 'utf8', character_set_connection = 'utf8', character_set_database = 'utf8', character_set_server = 'utf8'finished server.php.
    Any idea on a fix.

Note ive had to install php-mysql php-mbstring mcrypt with this update, not sure why. maybe due to now on php 7.4

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
  2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Updating what?

3. Chris_UK

Sorry should have clarified, I updated both ispconfig and ubuntu to 3.2 stable and 20.04 LTS also php to 7.4

4. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you reconfigure services after updating your OS?

Chris_UK likes this.
  5. Chris_UK

Yes, reconfig services was done.

Ive also found another error.
    Nov 21 14:25:18 mx1 dovecot: imap-login: Error: Failed to initialize SSL server context: Can't load DH parameters: error:1408518A:SSL routines:ssl3_ctx_ctrl:dh key too small: user=<>, rip=<snipped>, lip=<snipped>, session=<taoDu560mmvAKDnm>

Websites are up. mx is up, i can connect to the server, it receives emails and delivers to the correct mail box, found that out by snooping around in the /var/vmail directory. BUT, I get imap connected to the server and nothing shows in the mail boxes of thunderbird. It's really weird.

6. Chris_UK

Fixed the issue with the mail server, installed php-curl that was apparently missing on 7.4 Updated, reconfig services and updated nightly build that I will be setting back to stable on the next available version. So i guess its solved.

I did try ispconfig_update.sh --force but it didn't force anything just gave me the options and stable just exited hence the nightly selection.

Just check the cron log, its performing correctly now, must have been the missing curl module.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Th0m and Jesse Norell like this.
  7. Frederic Santy

Frederic Santy New Member

Hi Chris,
    Where you able to fix the Falshe Anfrage/Wrong query?
    I have the same situation on a fresh installation on a new server. (Ubuntu 20.04 / mysql 8)
    My configuration is also a multiserver environment. I have this error on all the "child" servers. On the master server no error is reported.
    However, everything seems to work fine. Accounts are created, databases are created etc.
    Executing the query manually on the database servers seem to work fine as well.

Best regards

8. Taleman

Perfect Server Guide for Ubuntu 20.04 instructs to install MariaDB. So I would guess MySQL 8 is not supported by ISPConfig.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

MySQL 8 is not really compatible with prior versions, so will get all kind of errors messages when using it. Personally, I won't use MySQL 8 in production systems and I can only recommend to stick to our instructions and use MariaDB if you need a stable setup.

10. Frederic Santy

Frederic Santy New Member

Hi Till,

Thanks for your feedback. In some other post (https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/ispconfig-and-mysql-8.85738/) you stated that mysql 8 was compatible. That's why i used mysql 8 :)
    FYI i use ispconfig 3.2.1.

I'll switch over to mariadb.

Thanks,
    Frederic

11. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

In general, it is compatible and most functions will work. But we don't test it actively and fixes for MySQL 8 related issues have no high priority. That's why I won't use it for any system that is used in production.

12. Paul Horak

Paul Horak New Member

I've also got a similar issue with Ubuntu 20.04, installed with Mariadb on a clean server. The error is for a "replace into 'client'" query and the error Mariadb throws is "Data truncated for column 'locked' at row 1". The query value for 'locked' is ' ', changing this to 'n' manually in the query works - I notice this is an enum('n','y') field. I suspect this might be something to do with a change in the default settings for Mariadb in Ubuntu 20.04 (sql_mode includes STRICT_TRANS_TABLE maybe)? My SQL is not great, so could be completely wrong, or have a missed a step in the Perfect Setup despite checking several times?

13. Taleman

This thread is about replacing MariaDB with MySQL. How is your question anything to do with this thread?
    Why hijack a thread when you can create a new thread?
    Probably.
    Read this https://www.howtoforge.com/community/threads/please-read-before-posting.58408/
    and start a new thread if you have more questions.