Ubuntu 24.04 migration

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Oitsuki, May 24, 2024.

1. Oitsuki

Oitsuki Member

Hello,
    Do you someone make the migration for the new Lts version ? Do they have some incompabilities to take in consideration ?
    Thank you

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Ubuntu 24.04 is not supported by ISPConfig yet, as we are still waiting for Rspamd to release Ubuntu 24.04 packages. You might want to go to the ISPConfig.org website and check which versions of an OS are supported by ISConfig before asking such a question.

ahrasis likes this.
  3. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

it looks like the Rspamd packages should be there now.. (i've not installed a 24.04 system to confirm..)

Exact hits
    Package rspamd
    • focal (20.04LTS) (mail): Rapid spam filtering system [universe]
      1.9.4-2build4: amd64 arm64 armhf
    • jammy (22.04LTS) (mail): Rapid spam filtering system [universe]
      2.7-1build2: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • mantic (23.10) (mail): Rapid spam filtering system [universe]
      3.6-1ubuntu1: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • noble (24.04LTS) (mail): Rapid spam filtering system [universe]
      3.8.1-1ubuntu3: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • oracular (mail): Rapid spam filtering system [universe]
      3.8.1-1ubuntu3: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    Other hits
    Package opensmtpd-filter-rspamd
    • jammy (22.04LTS) (devel): OpenSMTPD filter integration for the Rspamd daemon [universe]
      0.1.7-1: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • mantic (23.10) (devel): OpenSMTPD filter integration for the Rspamd daemon [universe]
      0.1.8-1ubuntu0.1 [security]: amd64
      0.1.8-1build1 [ports]: arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • mantic-updates (devel): OpenSMTPD filter integration for the Rspamd daemon [universe]
      0.1.8-1ubuntu0.1: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • noble (24.04LTS) (devel): OpenSMTPD filter integration for the Rspamd daemon [universe]
      0.1.8-1build1: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x
    • oracular (devel): OpenSMTPD filter integration for the Rspamd daemon [universe]
      0.1.8-1build1: amd64 arm64 armhf ppc64el riscv64 s390x

ahrasis, ztk.me and till like this.
  4. till

ISPConfig normally uses the packages from Rspamd (not the ones that ship with Ubuntu), and Rspamd still does not provide packages. But I've modified the auto-installer already to use the Ubuntu packages. Rspamd versions will be a bit older then, but at least we can go forward with finishing Ubuntu 24.04 support in ISPConfig.

https://git.ispconfig.org/ispconfig/ispconfig-autoinstaller/-/merge_requests/86

ahrasis likes this.
  5. till

The ISPConfig dev version supports Ubuntu 24.04 now. You can install a Ubuntu 24.04 system like this:

Code:
    wget -O - https://get.ispconfig.org | sh -s -- --use-ftp-ports=40110-40210 --unattended-upgrades --channel=dev
    It's important to use --channel=dev as this chooses the development channel. Official support for Ubuntu 24.04 will be announced in the next few days with the ISPConfig 3.2.12 release.

ahrasis and nhybgtvfr like this.
  6. valim

valim New Member

I post here too, maybe I can help the community.
    I tried to install ispconfig-dev on ubuntu 24.04 LTS arm64 without success. I noticed that the repos for arm64 are different:
    ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports not
    archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ and security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
    Maybe in the final version it would be possible to implement the repo for arm64
    thank you

Later editing
    I successfully managed to install ispconfig-dev on ubuntu 24.04 arm64 with the following notes:
    - I modified the repos as I wrote above
    - rspamd has no repo for ubuntu 24.04 - so it will only work with --use-amavis
    - the rar package is not compatible with arm64 and I removed it

Last edited: Jun 4, 2024
  7. nhybgtvfr

nhybgtvfr Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

i don't think the auto-installer is supposed to be used for Arm based servers.
    i've installed ispconfig on a few ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 arm powered vps's, there are a few packages that either don't exist or have slightly different package names in the ubuntu repo's on arm systems.
    you can follow the perfect server guide and install everything manually.. making the necessary adjustments to account for those affected packages, and then ispconfig will install and run perfectly fine. I guess this is still going to be the same on ubuntu 24.04

8. till

The auto-installer does not support ARM architecture, so what you tried must fail. See prerequisites in the auto-installer tutorial:

https://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig-autoinstall-debian-ubuntu/

It might be that we add ARM support in the future in auto-installer, but currently, it's not supported.

9. valim

valim New Member

I successfully managed to install ispconfig-dev on ubuntu 24.04 arm64 with the following notes:
    - I modified the repos as I wrote above
    - rspamd has no repo for ubuntu 24.04 - so it will only work with --use-amavis
    - the rar package is not compatible with arm64 and I removed it
    Everything else worked and installed successfully using automatic installation(auto-installer)