Ubuntu LoadBalancing error in final test.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by zaphod314159, Sep 15, 2010.

1. zaphod314159

zaphod314159 New Member

I have been following the instructions in http://www.howtoforge.com/set-up-a-loadbalanced-ha-apache-cluster-ubuntu8.04 to set up a loadbalanced cluster. All the instructions in the article seem to work correctly up until the last step where you hit the virtual IP address in a browser. That returns an "Unable to connect" error. I am able to ping the virtual IP address from the computer I am trying to connect from, but I am unable to see any web pages.

This is the first time I have attempted to set up a cluster, so this is something of a learning experience for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Can you post the outputs of

Code:
    ip addr sh eth0 
    Code:
    ldirectord ldirectord.cf status
    Code:
    ipvsadm -L -n
    Code:
    /etc/ha.d/resource.d/LVSSyncDaemonSwap master status
    from both load balancers? Any errors in your logs?

3. zaphod314159

zaphod314159 New Member

Sure...

I did not see any errors in the /var/logs/messages file. There was a bit of logging where on load balancer went down and the standby took over properly.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Looks ok (is 10.10.2.60 the virtual IP)?

Do you use a firewall that maybe blocks 10.10.2.60?

5. zaphod314159

zaphod314159 New Member

I turned the firewall off completely. The cluster is a set of VirtualMachines that reside on my computer. Turing the firewall completely off solves a number of other problems and I can control access to the virtual machines. The virtual IP address is 10.10.2.60. I can get the load balancer working with the index.html page that is stored in the /var/www/index.html file, just not any other web service.