Ubuntu Server: "New release '18.04.1 LTS' available. Run 'do-release-upgrade' to upgrade to it"?

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Etcetera, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Etcetera

Etcetera Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is this to be recommended for an Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS system running with a pretty straightforward "Perfect Server" setup (Apache, PHP, MySQL, PureFTPD, BIND, Postfix, Dovecot, ISPConfig 3.1)?

If yes, anything to watch out for when doing the release-upgrade?

I've had some minor issues with release-upgrading Ubuntu 16.04 LTS desktop systems to 18.04/18.04.1, but those were primarily desktop-related, up to the point that an old Netbook which ran MATE 16.04 fairly well suddenly behaved like it was really overchallenged with MATE 18.04 (trying Xubuntu there now which seems promising so far).

Cheers,
    Etc

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Do you mean
    in addition to those mentioned in the Release Notes? I'm not aware of any. Follow Ubuntu Forums, maybe something pops up?

3. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

The purpose of LTS is for you to have a stable system for 4-5 years before upgrading, so it is up to you actually. Compare the feature, pros and cons before you make your decision in this regards. Personally, I prefer upgrading to 18.04.