Ubuntu server upgrade to 14.04.2 lts and ispconfig upgrade to 3.0.5.4p5, websites not working

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by tips, Apr 8, 2015.

1. tips

tips New Member

I have just upgraded my Ubuntu server to 14.04.2 LTS and Ispconfig to 3.0.5.4p5 and now my websites are not working.
    I have read other posts and believe that this could be due to the apache upgrade as part of the Ubuntu upgrade.
    is it is as simple as adding a .conf to the sites under apache2\sites-available?
    Please point this newbie in the right direction, your assistance will be much appreciated.

2. tips

tips New Member

I have somehow managed to get my old websites back up and running without adding a .conf. (not to sure what exactly I did to achieve this)
    Problem now is any new website created under isponfig shows the default apache/Ubuntu index.html from www\var\html so not pointing to the right folder.
    Help please?

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

No, dont do that, it will break your whole setup. Do not change any file names, thats very important! If you cahnged file names, change them back before you proceed.

The right steps are these:

1) Run a ispconfig update with reconfigure services after you upgraded ubuntu.
    2) remove all symlinks in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ directory except of the ones that start with 000-
    3) Restart apache, login to ispconfig, go To Tools > Resync, select websites and run a resync.

4. tips

tips New Member

Thank you for your response, I am happy with everything that you say here, and I have not renamed any files.
    the only thin I am not 100% sure on is how to remove all symlinks, or which ones I should be removing?

5. till

All symlinks in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ that dont start with "000-"

6. tips

tips New Member

Hi Till,
    I have done all of this but I am still not able to access any new websites that have been created or updated since this.
    all I am getting is error 403 forbidden when I try to browse to them.
    Any ideas, and sorry for the stupid questions, new at all of this and still trying to learn.

7. tips

tips New Member

8. till

Did you run a ispconfig update after you upgraded ubuntu or before you upgraded ubuntu?
    Did you run the resync from within ispconfig?

9. tips

tips New Member

Could this have anything to do with it?
    Tue Apr 7 23:45:14 BST 2015 PHP Warning: mysqli::escape_string(): Couldn't fetch db in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 215
    Tue Apr 7 23:45:14 BST 2015 PHP Warning: mysqli::escape_string(): Couldn't fetch db in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/classes/db_mysql.inc.php on line 215

10. tips

tips New Member

After I update Ubuntu

11. till

either the ispconfig database is missing ofthe database login details in the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php file are wrong.

12. tips

tips New Member

I have reinstalled ispconfig an all seems to now be working again.