ubuntu VPS running ISPconfig + nginx 1gb ram 100%

Discussion in 'General' started by iain17, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iain17

iain17 New Member

Hi there,
    I had ISPconfig running fine on ubuntu with apache installed, but out of curiosity and need for more speed I backed up my whole server and reinstall it planning on installing ispconfig again but this time using Nginx.
    I follewed this guide:http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-ubuntu-11.10-with-nginx-ispconfig-3 and got it installed.

I kept looking at the memory useage, and all was fine untill the last step installing ispconfig setup.php and the moment it hit this:
    My memory usage started rising to 96 - 99% until, I tried using my new user and yes the pages loaded fast but when after a few moments of using it.
    It just crashed because it was using 100% of it's memory.

Now I've been trying to fix this, by fiddling in the Nginx to make it as low of possible and still no luck, I began retracing my steps in the guide where I install Nginx, and sure enough I sort of found out what triggered the memory to spike to 100% and crash eventually.
    When I removed the php5-mysql by using this command: apt-get remove php5-mysql my memory usage went back to 350mb ram instead of ~1000mb.
    After installing it again, it resorted back to 100% usage.

This didn't happen before I install ISPconfig, the moment I finished setup.php I got this problem going and after hours of trying to figure out why this happend I'm hoping one of you guys can help me out.

+I need to point out that I've made several attempts by reinstalling it, but for some reason php5-mysql becomes a trouble maker when it is used in combination with ispconfig. And Ispconfig needs php5-mysql otherwise it won't run of course ;).
    I've also disabled clam to relieve some stress on the memory, but that free up is instantly taken and filled up making it around 100% again :(

Some help or pointers on what I did wrong would quite frankly be awesome,
    Iain

Last edited: Jun 3, 2012
  2. iain17

iain17 New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.