UebiMiau installation help needed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by toyito, Nov 29, 2005.

1. toyito

toyito New Member

Hi:
    Im triying to install the web mail interface via update manager, i downloaded the UebiMiau Webmail package from www.ispconfig.org when i try to update via upload nothings happen, what im doing wrong...im uploading the tar.gz archive it´s ok??

Hector

2. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

3. toyito

toyito New Member

Hi Falko:

the link is to webmail.zip inside are 3 files: nav.inc, package, and webmail.tar.gz....

Hector

4. toyito

toyito New Member

Hi again....

when i tried to upload i got this errors:

File: Package
    error: Konnte Verzeichnis '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/webmail' nicht erstellen.

File: webmail.tar.gz
    error: Installations Anweisungen nicht gefunden: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp/c0ba4e897875a99521b0b6123c7cf947/package.ins

File: nav.inc
    error: Installations Anweisungen nicht gefunden: /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/temp/da74a7ca286674a12e8e29308017cfc6/package.ins

Hector.

PD i dont understand dutch...:D

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Dont unpack it!! Its not webmail.zip its webmail.pkg. You must upload the .pkg File!

6. toyito

toyito New Member

OK OK, i have tried to upload the webmail.zip (.pkg????) and i got the following error:

Konnte Verzeichnis '/home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/tools/tools/webmail' nicht erstellen.

Whats that....

Hector

7. till

Its a .pkg file. Hava e look at the download URL and you will see it has the .pkg ending. Maybe you cllient shows it as .zip file, because its zip compressed.

This error means that there is already a webmail package installed. You must uninstall it before you can upload the new webmail.pkg.

Please have a look here:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=924

8. toyito

toyito New Member

:D :D Thank you Till

Hector

9. victor

victor New Member

Newbee here...

OK, I have ISPConfig installed and it seems to be working, but I want to install UebiMiau and have downloaded the pkg file. But what are the specific commands to install it. I have searched, but can't find instructions. Also, is there a good administrators guide for the ISPConfig console.

Thanks,
    Victor (Windows Admin switching over)

10. till

Please use the ISPConfig update manager to install the .pkg package. The update manager is under management in the web interface.

11. falko

12. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

13. till

The ISPConfig webmail is always installed on port 81 of your server domain. If you entered trafmeter.new.bg as server domain during installation it is installed on https://trafmeter.new.bg:81/webmail.

You can either install another webmail package of you choice in a website you created in ISPCOnfig or you create a website mail.data.bg and put a index.php or index.html page in this site that redirects to https://trafmeter.new.bg:81/webmail/

14. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

I'll try this... but I think that's not a very good idea to use redirecting index file. This steals cpu power... on low-end PC :confused: The main problem maybe is how to configure the ISPConfig - create a domain and site... I must be sure that my test machine is working 1-2 weeks stable with at least 3 sites with dynamic content... plus mail-server with his own site and other things like trafficmeter (that's my first idea) and maybe later and router with needed software for that. On 2xCPU with enough RAM it is possible to run everything :rolleyes: When I saw the walkthrough for UBUNTU Server I love it! But I don't expect very strange problems... maybe the walkthrough needs to be rewrited with solved problems... maybe :D :confused: Till, I gave you an access to my test machine. Send me some advises to [email protected]

15. till

I dont think this steals CPU power. The redirect is done by the client browser.

I'am not sure that i understand what you problem is:confused: How to create sites and users is described in the ISPConfig manuals and a server with ISPConfig is as stable as the underlying services apache, postfix, etc. are.

The Ubuntu howto has been tested several times, it really works :)

16. falko

A redirecting index file really doesn't steal much CPU power... Hosting mailboxes really eats up much more CPU power.

But if you don't want a redirect: You can simply create a web site like webmail.example.com in ISPConfig, and then you install a webmail software like Squirrelmail or Uebimiau in that web site. :)

17. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

But before I installed UebiMiau through ISPConfig panel... webmail.zip... and the current address of UebiMiau is https://trafmeter.new.bg:81/webmail/

How to remove this and install latest version of Uebi in other site... mailtest.new.bg for example?

18. falko

19. smelkomar

smelkomar Guest

Did you mean that I must remove UebiMiau's webmail.zip from ISPConfig Panel (I don't know how to make this) and when choose Update Manager again I must put this file http://www.uebimiau.org/downloads/uebimiau-2.7.9-any.zip instead of webmail.zip???

I HOPE THAT'S THE WAY! :eek:

And the current e-mail accounts must be saved after this action... with passwords!?

Compared the files have differencies...
    in webmail.zip:
    3 files - nav.inc.php, package.inc and webmail.tar.gz
    in http://www.uebimiau.org/downloads/uebimiau-2.7.9-any.zip - there's only a dir "webmail"

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2006
  20. falko

No, not at all! :eek: Forget about the webmail package you installed in ISPConfig. You simply create a new web site, and in that web site you install a webmail package like Squirrelmail. It has nothing to do with ISPConfig's webmail package.