UebiMiau Webmail (port 81) error?!

Discussion in 'General' started by edge, Mar 5, 2007.

1. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

I'm not sure if the update of ISPconfig is causing this, but sinds I've updated ISPconfig to the 2.2.10 version some crazy things are happening on my server.

One of it is that some users can not send (big) "attached" files anymore from UebiMiau Webmail!

The error shown after sending the email is
    Code:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3892286 bytes) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/inc/class.smtp.php on line 635
    The attached file is arround 1MB

UebiMiau Webmail is making use of the ISPconfig Apache (port 81), and I've allready increased the memory_limit to 32M in/root/ispconfig/php/php.ini,
    After a /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl stop and /root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl , I'm still geting the same error!

So.. Should I set the memory_limit even higher, and, is anyone else having this problem?

note: All users who are having this problem did NOT have this before I updated ISPconfig to 2.2.10 (I'm not saying that this is causing it)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Are you sure that you get the exact same error wit 16777216 bytes after you updated the memory limit? This would mean that your memory limit update failed. Please check the php.ini file again and then run:

/etc/init.d/ispconfig_server restart

I seen this error message in 2.2.10 before but I really dont know why the memory usage can be higher then in 2.2.9 as the UebiMiau sources have not changed. It must be a change in the PHP engine that causes this.

3. edge

edge Active Member Moderator

Okay. I've added a whatversion.php file in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail with phpinfo()
    As 1st test I have 1st set the memory_limit in /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini to 16M, and done a ISPconfig restart.
    Calling the whatversion.php does show memory_limit 16M

Now when sending an email (with 3MB attached file) I get the following error.
    Code:
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7864320 bytes) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/webmail/inc/class.smtp.php on line 200
    As 2nd test I have set the memory_limit to 64MB
    Calling the whatversion.php does show memory_limit 128M ?? (why 128?? I've set it to 64 in php.ini!)

And guess what.. Problem fixed!

All test I've done now were with a max memory_limit of 32MB (as I thought that this would be enough).

So to keep the storry short.. Setting the memory_limit = 64M in /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini fixed my problem.