Unable to connect to mysql server Access denied for user 'root'@' during ISPConfig upgrade.

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Matayo, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Matayo

Matayo New Member

Im experiencing a problem upgrading from ISPCONFIG 3 to 3.1 for multiserver slave DNS. I keep getting the "Unable to connect to mysql server Access denied for user 'root'@'" error during the installation. Need help.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Check the mysql system on the master, there must be a root user that has permission to log in from IP and hostname of the slave server where you are currently updating ispconfig.

3. Matayo

Matayo New Member

Thank you Till.

Once i am able to connect, i get the error below.
    mysql: [Warning] Using a password on the command line interface can be insecure.
    Unable to read server configuration from database

How do i fix the server config.

4. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

See the ISPConfig Manual, it explains how to create mysql accounts for other ISPConfig hosts in the multiserver setup. Verify you have set them upp corrrectly.
    Installation of what?
    Is the problem on the old or new system?

5. Matayo

Matayo New Member

Hello Taleman. I am currently upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1
    It is a multi server system with a master and a slave DNS. The master DNS upgraded fine but the slave is the one I'm having problems with.

6. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Is it really a slave DNS? Following the ISPConfig manual, the second DNS server is a mirror of the first.
    But anyway, have you "Verify you have set them upp corrrectly."

7. Matayo

Matayo New Member

Yes. At least they mirror each other and the setup was ok for 3.0 version. Im at a loss here. Any help would be appreciated.

8. Matayo

Matayo New Member

How do i find the tables that have the server configurations.

9. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The system config is in the 'server' table, the records in that table have a field 'config' (or was it data?) and inside that field you can find the server configuration in ini format.

10. Matayo

Matayo New Member

found it. Till could you help me understand how one server is able to read the configs from this table and another isnt. yet they both read from this table in the previous (3.0) version.