Unable to Edit Client Database in PHPMYADMIN

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by OpenSources, Mar 26, 2017.

1. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Hello.
    The issue that I am having is that I can't find out where client databases are in PHPMYADMIN. I am needing to upload a backup file to the SQL. Where are the databases located?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The databases shouls show u in phpmyadmin in the menu on the left side when you login as root user to phpmyadmin. If they don't show up there for the root user, then the databases probably don't exist yet. In that cae you should check why ISPConfig was not able to create them, the first thing to check is if the MySQL root password is correct in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/mysql_clientdb.conf

3. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Thanks. The root password was correct. I still don't see the databases in PHPMYADMIN other than the defaults like dbispconfig, performance etc.

4. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Till, If I have another question do I start a new thread?

5. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Cool. I wanted to know how can I troubleshoot the FTP server in the dedicated web server. I'm on my 5th reinstall of the entire system on all 5 servers and it just won't come out "perfect".

6. OpenSources

OpenSources Member

Ok, so I just remembers why I stopped using ISPconfig. It's not user friendly. Once the DNS is a simple task I'll be back.

7. till

if it's another topic, then please start a new thread.

8. till

First, why do you reinstall 5 times? Redoing something without even checking why it failed will lead you nowhere. Instead, you better look into the log file and the console of your FTP client to see why it fails. The most common mistakes, firewalls in front of the server and using SFTP (which is SSH) instead of FTP or FTPS) are not even related to the server install directly.

To setup a dns record, you just click on the dns wizard and enter the domain name, IP address and dns server name and click save. Really user unfreiendly to ask for the minimum nescessary info, right ;) And in case that your dns server name is a subdomain of the same domain that you are adding, then you might have to add A-Records for this subdomain.