Unable to login to ISPConfig

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by godsdog, May 31, 2006.

1. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Hi. I was logged into ISPConfig working setting up a MySQL db for a domain and for some reason, I had to log in again (page froze up or something) then it wouldn't take my password so I reboot the server. The password was still not accepted by ISPConfig so I changed the password in the ispconfig database still to no avail using instructions found on this thread http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359&highlight=reset+ispconfig+admin+password This is quite frustrating. Please suggest what I can do to fix this.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Did you change the root password of your mysql database? This might be some days ago and you did not restart or reload mysql afterwards?

3. godsdog

godsdog New Member

No.

I can still login to the databases using the root password which has remained the same. This is how I tried resetting it and I've restarted since.

Last edited: May 31, 2006
  4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Is the MySQL root password in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/config.inc.php correct?

5. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Yes, it is correct. I can log into phpmyadmin/ using the same password. This is so weird and doesn't make any sence...Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Plesae check in the ISPConfig sys_user table, that there is only one user with the username "admin".

7. godsdog

godsdog New Member

There is two entered in. The second account contains the following
    Code:
    INSERT INTO `sys_user` VALUES (2, 1, 0, 'Customer1', '', NULL, 'blau', 1, '', 0, 0, '', 0, 'isp_kunde', 'E4E4E4', 'E4E4E4', 'ISPConfig', 'ispconfig.de', 'rw', 'isp_kunde,isp_file,tools,help', '', NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, '', '', '', '', '', '', '', NULL, 1);
    I've backed up the table, deleted the record, verified the password of the 1st record (admin account) by entering it in the field with MD5 and rebooted but still can not log in.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2006
  8. falko

And the first one (the admin account)?

9. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Yes, the first is the admin account.

10. falko

I mean can you post it here the same way you did for the second account?

11. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Code:
    INSERT INTO `sys_user` VALUES (1, 1, 0, 'admin', '97234545ffe8b5f55934d062b747c5eb', '', 'blau', 1, 'en', 5120000, 1, 'admin', 1, 'isp', '123456', 'E4E4E4', 'ISPConfig', 'ispconfig.de', 'rwa', 'sys,isp,dns,isp_file,isp_fakt,tools,help', 'Herr', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', '', 'Deutschland', '', 0, 1);

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  12. falko

Looks ok. And you're absolutely sure you're using the correct password?

13. godsdog

godsdog New Member

I am aboslutley possitive about the passwords. Something went wonky while I was in the panel. Please send sugguestions on what to do next.
    I did notice Zend stop working a day or two before this all happened and I had to spend some time updating php scripts due to incompatibilities with PHP5. I noticed also that changes made in /etc/php.ini did not affect apache. I had to change values in the box where you can add additional apache directives as per domain (ie: memory limit, etc...)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2006
  14. godsdog

godsdog New Member

zoinks...This is a bit embarasing but hopefully someone can make use of this thread. After expanding what I've done in the past few days on my last entery, I realized that /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini and /etc/php.ini are not the same at all. I thought that because apache was ignoring /etc/php.ini I copied this out to the one in /root/ispconfig/php/php.ini (but I backed it up first!) and now after restoring the backup, I am able to log into the panel. The only question is if apache isn't using directives set in /etc/php.ini what is it using?

15. falko

You must restart Apache after your changes to /etc/php.ini.

You can create a PHP file like this:
    PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    and access it in a browser through port 80. You'll then see in the output which php.ini is used.

16. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Code:
    Configuration File (php.ini) Path  /etc
    It states that I'm using the correct php.ini but after making changes and restarting httpd service, nothing is affected. One example of what I've tried to change is memory limits required for Gallery.
    Might the Zend installation have something to do with this? Here's my php info url http://elx.ca/info.php and a copy of my php.ini file http://elx.ca/php.ini.txt

Last edited: Jun 20, 2006
  17. falko

Yes, /etc/php.ini is the correct php.ini. In your php.ini you have
    Code:
    memory_limit = 64M
    but in the phpinfo() output it still says 8MB. You must restart Apache (the main Apache, not the ISPConfig Apache).

18. godsdog

godsdog New Member

Yes, as mentioned before; I have restarted httpd service, even rebooted cleanly various times.

19. falko

Do you have an .htaccess file in the document root of elx.ca that overrides php.ini's settings? Or did you override them with ISPConfig's "Apache Directives" field?

20. godsdog

godsdog New Member

There is no .htaccess file in the web dir of elx.ca This problem spreads accross all domains on the server.
    I don't understand...please expand...