Unable to reconfigure services / cannot do update

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Victorius, May 12, 2022.

1. Victorius

Victorius New Member

Dear all,
    I have installed Pure-FTPd after my ISPConfig installation on my latest AlmaLinux 8 machine and I bumping into error while trying to run ispconfig_update.sh command and select whatever version:

PHP Fatal error: Cannot redeclare error() in /tmp/update_runner.sh.QNZ5liDhFT/install/lib/install.lib.php on line 423

Also using the latest stable: 3.2.8p1

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks for your help

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

I'm not sure how well ISPConfig supports Alma Linux. On Debian and Ubuntu ISPConfig works well.
    If pure-FTPD was not installed when ISPConfig was installed, you need to force ISPConfig to detect it. I assume you are doing just that with the ispconfig_update.sh command. With --force probably.
    One way to get strange PHP errors is wrong PHP version. What version of PHP is on that Alma Linux? ISPConfig does not support PHP 8.x yet.

3. Victorius

Victorius New Member

Hi Taleman,
    AlmaLinux 8 is 1:1 binary compatible with CentOS 8 so it should be ok, in my opinion.
    PHP is PHP 7.2.24 (cli) (built: Oct 22 2019 08:28:36) ( NTS )

4. Victorius

Victorius New Member

OK, I have managed to do the force upgrade now, I have updated to PHP 7.4 and installer goes fine now so it seems PHP 7.2 not supported anymore.

In other topics which about PHP 8 Till advised to always stick to OS PHP version which was 7.2 till RHEL 8.5 so I tought it would be OK

Since RHEL 8.6 released which ships PHP 8.0 it's going to be more interesting now.

Thank you Taleman!

5. ahrasis

ahrasis Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Except if the OS default php is 8.0 and above, where it is not advisable for you to upgrade to that OS version yet.