Unable to relay to smarthost server

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by webguyz, Jun 27, 2018.

1. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Have 4 email slave servers and just started using the 4th one and its having issues getting email to our smarthost relay. I can use telnet and from that email server create a email manually telneting into the smarthost and it has no problems doing so. Something happened to postfix on this mail server and not having luck figuring it out. I compared the main.cf and main.master to my other working email servers and see nothing different. Tried googling the All-Whitespace username and not finding a solution. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!

Jun 26 22:58:47 dotm374 postfix/smtp[5756]: warning: SASL authentication failure: All-whitespace username.
    Jun 26 22:58:47 dotm374 postfix/smtp[5756]: 2408C921BDA: to=<[email protected]>, relay=smtp-259-out.webguy.com[72.249.59.259]:25, delay=533, delays=533/0.03/0.04/0, dsn=4.7.0, status=deferred (SASL authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server smtp-259-out.webguy.com[72.249.59.259]: generic failure)

2. webguyz

webguyz Active Member HowtoForge Supporter

Having problems generating DKIM for this new domain as well so this 4th server may have had some file corruption in the past. Moved my new domain to working mail server and going to reformat the 4th server and re-create.

Thanks!

3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Regarding dkim, there is currently a bug in 3.1.12 which has been fixed in git-stable branch. Just as info, if you have the dkim issue on the newly installed server, try to update it to git-stable.

webguyz likes this.