Unable to retrieve my email via POP

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by kdclaver, Nov 21, 2006.

1. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

Hello,
    I've finished to implement my mail server following the howto "Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (+ SMTP-AUTH, Quota, SpamAssassin, ClamAV)". All things are running very well. But now, I can retrieve my email via a POP3 client like Outlook Express. Anytime, I must enter the password.
    Can you please help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Which errors do you get in the mail.log?

3. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

This is the message I receive from my client Outlook :

Problème de connexion à votre serveur de messagerie. Votre mot de passe a été refusé. Compte*: '192.168.2.1', Serveur*: '192.168.2.1', Protocole : POP3, Réponse du serveur : '-ERR Maildir: No such file or directory', Port : 110, Sécurisé (SSL) : Non, Erreur de serveur : 0x800CCC90, Numéro d'erreur : 0x800CCC92
    translate ===================================
    Connection problem with the mail server. Your password has been reject. Count : 192.168.2.1, Server : 192.168.2.1, Protocol : POP3, Answer of the server: 'ERR Maildir: No such file or directory', Port:110, Secured (SSL): No, Server error:0x800CC90, Error number:0x800CCC92.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files:

4. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

You must send a mail to that user first before you fetch emails for the first time. Maildir is created when the first email arrives.

5. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

Hello,
    I've send an email to this user. Below you've the log in mail.log
    ================================================================
    Nov 23 11:21:42 marina postfix/smtp[5083]: 6A44A50C45: to=<[email protected]>, relay=127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1], delay=0, status=deferred (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=03646-04, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','admins','@dpi-a at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN15> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    =================================================================
    Thanks for your assistance

6. falko

There's a problem with your MySQL statements. Please make sure your /etc/postfix/mysql*.cf files look like the ones from the tutorial.

7. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

These are my /etc/postfix/mysql_virtual* files. As you can see I've put in them all you indicate in the the howto.
    I will send you the last early.

Attached Files:

8. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

The lastest file.
    Thank for your assistance.

Attached Files:

9. falko

Please post the files here directly. Do not attach Word documents.

10. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

===== mysql-virtual_domains.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = domains
    select_field = 'virtual'
    where_field = domain
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

===== mysql-virtual_email2email.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = users
    select_field = email
    where_field = email
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

===== mysql-virtual_forwardings.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = forwardings
    select_field = destination
    where_field = source
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

===== mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = users
    select_field = CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(email,'@',-1),'/')
    where_field = email
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

===== mysql-virtual_mailbox_limit_maps.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = users
    select_field = quota
    where_field = email
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

===== mysql-virtual_transports.cf =====
    user = kdclaver
    password = emmanuel
    dbname = mail
    table = transport
    select_field = transport
    where_field = domain
    hosts = 127.0.0.1

These are the configurations pf /etc/postfix/mysql-* files. During the implementation I've just copy and paste all the informations.
    Thanks more for your assistance.

11. falko

What's the output of
    Code:
    mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u kdclaver -pemmanuel
    (there's no space between -p and emmanuel!)?

What's the output of
    Code:
    postconf -d | grep mail_version
    ?

Did you save the mysql*.cf files with Unix linebreaks?

12. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

Hello,
    These are the outputs of the commands you tell me to execute.

marina:~# mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u kdclaver -p
    Enter password:
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 19 to server version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.

mysql> quit
    Bye
    marina:~# mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u kdclaver -pemmanuel
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 21 to server version: 4.1.11-Debian_4sarge7-log

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
    mysql> quit
    Bye
    marina:~# postconf -d | grep mail_version
    mail_version = 2.1.5
    marina:~#

Did you save the mysql*.cf files with Unix linebreaks?
    I have type all the line directly in the file doing this :
    #vim mysql-virtual_xxx
    in insert mode I've type all the different lines.

Thanks for your assistance.
    Thanks you more again.

13. falko

14. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

Hello,
    Thanks more for your assistance before following the link you indicate me, I want to know how I must configure Outlook Express because I've filled these parameters :

Must I activate the ssl connexion for POP3 and SMTP, now I've not yet done it ?

Thanks for your answer. After this I will follow the link.

Thank you more.

15. falko

That's ok.
    No. But make sure you enable "Server requires authentication.".

16. kdclaver

kdclaver New Member

Hello Falko,
    This the message I have after sending mail to [email protected] in console mode.
    Can you please help me to debug it. I have apply the modifies to indicate me to do in the /etc/postfix/main.cf.

marina:~# mail [email protected]
    Subject: essai
    Test 1
    Cc: [email protected]
    marina:~# mailq
    -Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
    3C5245135B 579 Mon Nov 27 10:54:52 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06261-06, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','root','@ma at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN19> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

9FF41512E4 574 Mon Nov 27 09:43:04 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06216-07, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','cmsadmin','@d at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN21> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

9227651670 1343 Fri Dec 1 06:26:06 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06216-08, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','kdclaver','@d at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN23> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

8570050C44 397 Thu Nov 30 10:06:52 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06179-08, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','admins','@dpi-a at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN23> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

47D2051439 416 Thu Nov 30 10:08:05 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06218-07, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','@yahoo.fr','@.')' at line at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN21> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

F10465166F 544 Fri Dec 1 00:00:01 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06218-06, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','postmaster' at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN19> line 8. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

A66AE51672 846 Fri Dec 1 06:26:11 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06261-07, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','root','@ma at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN21> line 12. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]

BF2D251690 370 Fri Dec 1 09:50:52 [email protected]
    (host 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1] said: 451 4.5.0 Error in processing, id=06179-09, creating_partsdir FAILED: DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '("@",domain) IN ('[email protected]','admins','@dpi-a at (eval 38) line 238, <GEN25> line 9. (in reply to end of DATA command))
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

-- 7 Kbytes in 8 Requests.

More thanks again.

17. falko