unable to update to 3.0.5.4p4 from p1

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by delpheye, Oct 18, 2014.

1. delpheye

delpheye New Member

When I run the update script, it errors out with the following:

Code:
    >> Update

Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version.

PHP Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_FUNCTION in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/fedora.lib.php on line 247

That part of the file is:

Code:
    //** We have to change the permissions of the courier authdaemon directory to make it accessible for maildrop.
    $command = 'chmod 755 /var/spool/authdaemon';
    caselog($command.' &> /dev/null', __FILE__, __LINE__, 'EXECUTED: '.$command, 'Failed to execute the command '.$command);

The authdaemon directory is already set to 755, but I don't know what the next line is trying to accomplish. I'm running on CentOS 6.5 with php 5.3.3.

I'm not familiar enough with php to debug this, but according to google it might be a syntax problem? I'm honestly not sure, any assistance is appreciated.

2. ilokano

ilokano New Member

Same problem updating manually from 3.0.5.4p3

I am encountering the same problem manually updating from 3.0.5.4p3 on two different servers, two different vps providers.

>> Update

Operating System: Redhat or compatible, unknown version.

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '$command' (T_VARIABLE), expecting function (T_FUNCTION) in /tmp/ispconfig3_install/install/dist/lib/fedora.lib.php on line 247

3. Croydon

Croydon ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

Please remove the } in line 239.
    Seems there is a typo, a double } in there.