Unable To Upgrade ispconfig Master from v3.0.5.2 to v3.1.2 Parse error

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by grumpyman57, May 3, 2017.

1. grumpyman57

grumpyman57 New Member

Server: Centos v6.8
    ispconfig v3.0.5.2

I am currently running a multi-server setup, and have been able to update the slave server, but not the master. The first attempt to run the ispconfig_update.php script broke the console so that I am no longer able to log in. If I attempt to do so, I now get a
    Error Username or Password empty
    Password Lost error message.

I have confirmed that the ispconfig user is able to access the database without error, but have also noticed that the failed login attempts noted above do not appear in the auth.log, so it does not appear as if it is really trying to contact the database at all.

If I run php -d display_errors=1 -f ./ispconfig_update.php the following error is displayed:

Warning: require_once(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on line 87
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'dbmaster_new_link' (T_STRING) in /usr/local/ispconfig/server/lib/config.inc.php on line 87

I am at a loss as to where to go from here, hopefully someone has some suggestions on how to get this fixed so that I can login to the existing installation, and get the system upgraded.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

I must say that I have no Idea how ISPConfig shall be able to break the root console login as it does not alter it at all. I guess there must have happened something else at the same time which broke it.

Regarding the PHP error, please post the mentioned line from that file plus te line before it and the line after it.

You might want to contact Florian from business support to take a look at it by remote login, you can contact him here: http://www.ispconfig.org/get-support/?type=ispconfig

3. grumpyman57

grumpyman57 New Member

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The problem is this line:

$conf['dbmaster_password'] = 'XXXXXXXXX';';

change it to:

$conf['dbmaster_password'] = 'XXXXXXXXX';

Maybe that file was edited by hand as the PHP syntax is not correct there.