Underscore in db name and db userame

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by QuetzalFirst, Mar 23, 2015.

1. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Hi
    Some ISPConfig3 manual page look unrelated to ISPconfig3 interface... I cant find same screenshoot.. Look like ISPconfig2..

"Please do not use underscores (_)in the username." I can see why.... alway use long name and underscore in db name and in db username... Just one glistch (relate to PLESK) dont support password that as more than 15 chars.

Some hint?

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The ISPConfig 3 manual does not contain any screenshots from ISPConfig 2. But maybe you downloaded a ispconfig 2 manual?

3. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

No ISPConfig 3... But screen shoot dont match! (page 134 for database)

4. till

Thats ispconfig 3 as well, we just changed the layout of the form page after the manual has been released. The next release of the manual which will be for the upcoming 3.1 version will reflect the new layout.

Are you aware that an underscore in mysql is a wildcard? So using underscores in usernames is a bad idea as it allows users to access daabases that they shall not be able to access.

5. QuetzalFirst

QuetzalFirst Member

Thank you for flag up about _ ... But it's wide spread use not only by me...
    But all coding must be escaping underscore no?
    Never have issue with that... But thank you for warm me about possible security breach!

6. till

> But all coding must be escaping underscore no?

Thats not related to your code, it was a bug in many mysql versions. But is has been fixed now.