Uninstall OTRS (Ticket System) from Centos

Discussion in 'HOWTO-Related Questions' started by usmankpk, Jan 10, 2011.

1. usmankpk

usmankpk New Member

Hi, I recently installed otrs 2.1.4 with help from a great article on this site here http://www.howtoforge.com/otrs_centos4.4

Now I want to remove or uninstall otrs from my vm Centos server. How can I do this as far as the commands are concerned I am really not familiar with them so please advise of the commands that need to be run from PUTTY as I use Putty as means of CMD line interface. Just to let you know I followed the exact same procedure as mentioned in the URL above to install OTRS on Centos.

Thanks again for your help.

2. unionsport

unionsport New Member

I have met with the same question ,hoping somebodg could give answers.

3. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

As OTRS is located in the /opt/otrs/ directory, you can simply delete that directory:
    Code:
    rm -fr /opt/otrs/
    Also delete the OTRS database (you can do this with phpMyAdmin or on the command line as follows:
    Code:
    mysql -u root -p
    drop database otrs;
    quit
    ) and the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/otrs.conf and restart Apache.

4. usmankpk

usmankpk New Member

Thanks Falko, got another query regarding OTRS..you see the reason for deleting the OTRS 2.1 version and it's services was because I plan to install the latest OTRS package i.e. ver 3.0 my question is can I just simply follow the same procedure as describer in the link on my initial post and when it comes to OTRS file I select the version 3.0 to extract and install? Please advise and many thanks again for your help!

5. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I don't know if the installation procedure has changed for 3.0; you can try to use the instructions from the tutorial, but it is also a good idea to take a look at the OTRS documentation.