uninstall Postfix

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by pandaip, May 18, 2006.

1. pandaip

pandaip New Member

i have setted up the server with the guide "perfect ... for FC5" with ISPconfig, everything seems to be fine, except the mail system.

first problem is: one of my clients send me emails, i can just get some, but can't get the others.

second problem is: some clients told me that they have sent me emails, but i did not get anyone, and they also did not get any return mails.

anyone here got this problem also?

and anyone could tell me how to uninstall postfix, and then install qmail?

thx a lot.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please post the massages that appear in your mail log when such an email disappears.
    The most common problem is, that your clients send their mail trogh another server, where your email domain is configured too.

ISPConfig does not support qmail.

3. pandaip

pandaip New Member

i can't find any such message...sorry

no, there are only three domain in this server, which are owned by us only, and not setted anywhere.

4. till

Are the emails that get lost send trough your server as SMTP server or trough an external SMTP server?

5. falko

falko Super Moderator ISPConfig Developer

Please check that the MX records of your domains are correct.

6. pandaip

pandaip New Member

through an external smtp server, eg. Gmail

7. pandaip

pandaip New Member

the MX record is correct

btw, i found another problem/bug, after i made some change on ISPconfig, and submit "save", sometimes it becomes that i can't receive emails, and get error message back saying "loop back to my self", but after i manually restart Postfix, it fixed.

please check if this is a bug.

8. till

I'am sure there is no such bug as there are several thousand running installations out there.

If you get an error with the message "loops back to myself", you will have to add the domain named in the error message at the end of the file /etc/postfix/local-host-names and restart postfix.