Unknown column iptables in field list

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by Dave B, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Dave B

Dave B Member

Evening guys,

I have created a virtual server in ISPConfig3 but when i go in and edit that server in the advanced settings and save any changes i am given the text "Unknown column 'iptables' in 'field list'"

Any ideas why this happens or how to resolve?
    upload_2021-3-3_18-13-42.png

upload_2021-3-3_18-14-11.png

2. Jesse Norell

Jesse Norell Well-Known Member Staff Member Howtoforge Staff

It sounds like the form definition is missing a column, or maybe the interface template should have that input removed. It would only be useful to keep it if the server plugin uses is, and you would want to ensure the database table has a corresponding column.

Fwiw that vserver module will be removed in the future, you might want to start looking for another management platform for that.

Dave B likes this.
  3. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

OpenVZ stopped providing it's original Kernels several years ago, so there are no OpenVZ Kernels available anymore for any recent Linux version, which renders the module useless. You would have to use e.g. Debian 6 or older to be able to use it, which would also mean to not install ISPConfig 3.2. So switching on this module makes no sense and that's why it's disabled on any new install for years now.

4. Dave B

Dave B Member

Well, that makes perfect sense.
    Cheers guys!