Unzip and zip function

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by smartcall, Feb 9, 2007.

1. smartcall

smartcall ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

This is not exactly a feature request as I will be willing to implement it myself. What I need is some tips from you guys.
    I would like to have unzip and zip functions in Web-FTP - similar to the ones cPanel has.
    I could imagine that afer unzip the files and dirs should be chmodded to 644 and 755 respectively and chowned to the respective owner of the web directory.

But I have no idea where to start.

Regards

2. NETabuse

NETabuse ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

one thing that can be done is the users shell access can be used to unzip an archive.
    Obviously though this doesn't tie directly into a web interface. Just a fix for more general use.

3. smartcall

smartcall ISPConfig Developer ISPConfig Developer

My policy is not to allow users shell access.
    And knowing what most people want - direct installations of CMS from the frontend - unzip and zip is least I could do for my clients.

In all other cases your suggestion is the right decision.

Regards

4. domino

domino New Member

I seem to recall a web install feature for installing some CMS and forums. Maybe that may be an option? I also hope that one day unzip/untar/unrar is supported in ispconfig.

Another options you can do is install a gpl filemanager with the feature you want as default install on all client accounts. After the clients unarchive files in the file manager root dir, they can ftp move to any dir they want.