Update Debian 8 to Debian9 OK but then.....

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by Spacestar54, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

I'm a real/real beginner of this sort of problems, I worked for years with ISPConfig and Debian 8 with Prestashop now but never looked beneath the motor-hood. After reading the advice to upgrade I'm in real trouble!!
    I have a empty main screen of ISPConfig 3.1.6(this was a earlier problem) and now my both webshops are gone, can't find the standard IP address.
    Before updating Debian everything was ok, can see or chance anything in ISPC 3 so it's not possible to adjust/configure the IP.
    I used this tutorial: https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/how-to-upgrade-debian-8-jessie-to-9-stretch/
    Sites are not visible any-more! Please help!
    Which logfiles must I see/show for errors??

##### SERVER #####
    IP-address (as per hostname): ***.***.***.***
    [WARN] could not determine server's ip address by ifconfig
    [INFO] ISPConfig is installed.

##### ISPCONFIG #####
    ISPConfig version is 3.1.6

2. Taleman

Taleman Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

Follow the Perfect server guide for Debian 9, install the softwares and adjust the configurations.
    Then force ISPConfig to reconfigure services, either by running ispconfig-update or download latest ispconfig and run ispconfig update from there.

3. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

Hi Taleman,
    Thanks, you helped me before:)
    But this tutorial didn't helped. Can't force ISPconfig and when updating is not do anything, I get "ISPConfig 3 installation found. Please use update.php instead if install.php to update the installation".:mad:

How can I put a backup back from this dir. to the place were it must be ...Is there a command-line??
    /var/backup/ispconfig_2017-06-07_09-54, around this date the ISPconfig mainscreen worked!
    Hopefully I can restore that and then make the IP correction. Or not??:eek:

4. Taleman

5. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

What you did is not an update, you tried to install it again and that's what the ispconfig installer (not updater) noticed and prevented. @Taleman posted a link how to do an update.

Restoring that backup makes no sense. The reason that your server is not working is the Debian upgrade from 8 to 9 which you made and not a problem with ispconfig. The old release which you would restore from backup would not work on the server anymore as its for Debian 8 config and not Debian 9, that's why @Taleman suggested to redo the steps from Debian 9 tutorial and then do an ispconfig update with reconfigure services = yes to adapt your config for Debian 9.

6. till

7. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

I don't understand the first thread, sorry..
    The second I tried already and I get this:
    root@jos:/home/jos# wget -q -O htf-common-issues.php "http://gitplace.net/pixcept/ispconfig-tools/raw/stable/htf-common-issues.php" && php -q htf-common-issues.php
    PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysqli_connect() in /home/jos/htf-common-issues.php on line 184
    PHP Stack trace:
    PHP 1. {main}() /home/jos/htf-common-issues.php:0
    root@jos:/home/jos# cat htf_report.txt | more

##### SERVER #####
    IP-address (as per hostname): ***.***.***.***
    [WARN] could not determine server's ip address by ifconfig
    [INFO] ISPConfig is installed.

##### ISPCONFIG #####
    ISPConfig version is 3.1.6

8. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

Business support is not an option, sorry, my business is sooo small.

9. till

Is this an apache or nginx server? if it's an apache server, run this command:

Code:
    apt-get -y install apache2 apache2-doc apache2-utils libapache2-mod-php php7.0 php7.0-common php7.0-gd php7.0-mysql php7.0-imap phpmyadmin php7.0-cli php7.0-cgi libapache2-mod-fcgid apache2-suexec-pristine php-pear php7.0-mcrypt mcrypt  imagemagick libruby libapache2-mod-python php7.0-curl php7.0-intl php7.0-pspell php7.0-recode php7.0-sqlite3 php7.0-tidy php7.0-xmlrpc php7.0-xsl memcached php-memcache php-imagick php-gettext php7.0-zip php7.0-mbstring memcached libapache2-mod-passenger php7.0-soap
    @Taleman suggested to rerun all commands from Debian 9 perfect server but I guess you did not do that yet, otherwise php mysql extension must have been installed.

Then run an ispconfig update as suggested in the first thread:

Code:
    cd /tmp
    wget http://www.ispconfig.org/downloads/ISPConfig-3.1.13p1.tar.gz
    tar xvfz ISPConfig-3.1.13p1.tar.gz
    cd ispconfig3_install/install
    php -q update.php

10. till

Business support is not that expensive, you should try to contact him and ask him at least for a quote.

11. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

12. till

PHP 7.3 as base php version on Debian is not supported by ISPConfig. You can use PHP 7.3 as additional PHP version bdeside PHP 7.0 though. If that's a problem is not easy predictable, especially in combination with the dist upgrade, but it is a possible explanation for the issues that you have.

13. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

Was this the problem, you talked about mysql! I chanced now in mysql client etc..
    When you prefer MySQL over MariaDB, replace the packages "mariadb-client mariadb-server" in the above command with "mysql-client mysql-server".

14. till

I talked about the PHP mysql driver, not the mysql or mariaDB database server software. MariaDB is fine, do not change your database system, just install the mising php library!

15. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

Now I get this error, and I can't find the password. I have a root password but only for the server...

root@jos:/# mysql_secure_installation

NOTE: RUNNING ALL PARTS OF THIS SCRIPT IS RECOMMENDED FOR ALL MariaDB
    SERVERS IN PRODUCTION USE! PLEASE READ EACH STEP CAREFULLY!

In order to log into MariaDB to secure it, we'll need the current
    password for the root user. If you've just installed MariaDB, and
    you haven't set the root password yet, the password will be blank,
    so you should just press enter here.

Enter current password for root (enter for none):
    ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

OMG, this is big trouble I think, and a simple help isn't easy....

16. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

root@jos:/# sudo apt-get install php-mysql
    Pakketlijsten worden ingelezen... Klaar
    Boom van vereisten wordt opgebouwd
    De statusinformatie wordt gelezen... Klaar
    php-mysql is reeds de nieuwste versie (2:7.3+69+0~20190303094641.15+jessie~1.gbp 0f7465).
    php-mysql staat ingesteld op handmatig geïnstalleerd.
    0 opgewaardeerd, 0 nieuw geïnstalleerd, 0 te verwijderen en 0 niet opgewaardeerd .

Sorry for the Dutch language, but the newest php-mysql driver is already onboard.

17. till

This does not need to be a problem. You are not doing a new install, so you can skip this command.

Might be that the mysql driver does not exist for the active PHP version. Please run the command:

php --version

and post the result.

18. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

root@jos:/home/jos# php --version
    PHP 5.6.40-1+0~20190111135457.9+jessie~1.gbp5f42c9 (cli)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2016 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2016 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.0.6-dev, Copyright (c) 1999-2016, by Zend Technologies
    with Xdebug v2.5.5, Copyright (c) 2002-2017, by Derick Rethans

19. Taleman

Instructions for updgrading Debian 8 to Debian 9 are in the Debian Release Notes:
    https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/releasenotes
    How come you have PHP 7.3 installed on your server? dist-upgrade does not install that.
    I do not remember what happened with PHP update, but seems the default PHP version on your PHP 9 host is still PHP 5.6, which is stange. Dist-upgrade should have installed PHP 7.0. But I may be that the dist-upgrade does not remove the PHP 5.6, I have vague recollection this happening in my upgrade. But PHP 7.0 should be installed on your host.
    Seems there are quite a few things messed up on your server.
    To get PHP default version back to PHP 7.0, run these commands:
    Code:
    update-alternatives --config php
    update-alternatives --config php-cgi
    Then you should really follow the instructions from the Perfect Server Guide for Debian 9 and Apache to get all the necessary PHP modules installed and configurations fixed. https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial...-9-stretch-apache-bind-dovecot-ispconfig-3-1/
    When you after that force reconfigure services, there is a possibility that your ISPConfig starts working.

20. Spacestar54

Spacestar54 Member

Thanks Taleman,:)
    But to server is complete broken down. :mad:
    So 'The End':(
    Thanks again....