update ispconfig then rspamd lost all changes

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by elmacus, Sep 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Hi.
    I did upgrade Debian from 9 to 10 and thus updating ispconfig, then all my changes to rspamd got lost.
    I did not expect ispconfig to rewrite files in /etc/rspamd/local.d/ like milter_headers.conf and users.conf where i have whitlistings.
    I always choose reconfigure services so new stuff get adapted, but did not expect it to remove my changes.
    Ispconfig should add code to local files when reconfiguring, not remove them and start over with clean files.
    This is a bug for me.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

ISPConfig always replaces config files that it manages, for all services. So that's neither new nor Rspamd specific nor is it a bug. The problem you had occurred because you missed making your manual changes update safe. Copy the matching template from install/tpl/ of the ispconfig tar.gz file to the /usr/local/ispconfig/server/conf-custom/install/ folder and implement the changes there. or do your manual changes in a custom config file and not the system files managed by ISPConfig.

3. elmacus

elmacus Active Member

Ok thanks.I know of the conf-custum, but did not want to use that ;-)
    The thing is its not the same on all servers, some have whitelist removed and some milter and some both and some not removed at all. I cant figure this out yet.
    I will try a custom config instead. I did try creating /local.d/setting.conf and /local.d/file.conf but milter did not pick that up. rspamadm configtest shows no errors (exept some symbols and IP). I will try to find another way to do this.