Update notification & monitored servers

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by ledoktre, Jan 19, 2016.

1. ledoktre

ledoktre Member

Hey just wondering a couple of quick things...
    1. Whenever a service issue comes up on a server and the control panel is aware of it, is there a way for it to text or email me? It'd be nice if it alerted me that hey, there are updates available, or hey, server 15 is running low on space, or over CPU etc.
    2. Is there any way to allow the control panel to monitor other servers, other debian servers in my case, but arent involved in typical hosting roles? For example, a Virtual PBX running Debian. Part of the control panel for monitoring and updates, but no hosting otherwise.
    Love the product!!!

2. florian030

florian030 Well-Known Member HowtoForge Supporter

You can use monit, munin, nagios, check_mk, ... to monitor your servers.

3. ledoktre

ledoktre Member

I am aware of those services, but what I was getting at was, the control panel checks often enough to know if there are updates available, if a server is running out of space, etc. Can it send me an email if something gets tripped.

The secondary part of the email was just saying, I have other servers that I have. It would be convenient to be able to have them tied in with the control panel for basic udpates (do them all in one place), etc. Does anyone that you know of ever just install the cp software but no other services. Point of curiousity.

4. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

There is currently no builtin email notification.

You mean a standalone master server that does not host mail, web or dns? Yes, that's possible and the standard configuration for larger setups.