Update Problem

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by bixa, Apr 20, 2008.

1. bixa

bixa New Member

I'm using ISPC for years now, never had any serious Problems. Thanks for this great software.
    I did a update to 2.2.23, everthing fine except I had to input the mysql config. But then i was editing a client and i didnot find any db stuff under options. It even removed the db users AND the databases of this client (only from the client i was editing).
    So i recovered the dbs from backup, but i can't create any db-users in ISPConfig and when i view(!) a client, his dbs get dropped. Do you have a hint for me?
    Thanks!

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Please explain what you id exactly here. Thats most likely causing the problems. The SQL dump can not be inserted manually, if you do it, ISPConfig will fail.

3. bixa

bixa New Member

I started the update normaly (.setup)
    ssh was interrupted (*smells like the orgin of troubles*) i had no screen active, so startet the ./setup again.
    The setupscript asked for the mysqlserver, user,....
    I think I've skrewed up the updateprocess and did a normal install.

(i've just restored the client dump so far)

4. bixa

bixa New Member

I had a look in the install log:
    The first upgrade deleted the directory /root/ispconfig befor it was interrupted.
    Therefor the second one was fresh install.

So the problem is:
    I did a fresh install over a existing install!
    Now there is this db-dropping-problem.
    Where there any changes in the db layout?

5. till

Please have a look in the /tmp directory if there are any backups made by the installer during first upgrade attempt.

6. bixa

bixa New Member

No, I'm afraid there is nothing usefull in /tmp
    "find /tmp -atime 1" only shows crap.

Is it possible to insert the dump from ispconfigdb taken before the update and then redo the update?

btw
    This all things sound like this is the perfekt time to update to deb 4.0 ("never change a RUNNING system"). Would it be possible to reinstall ispconfig on etch and insert the dump as a backup?

btw
    Thanks for your effort.

7. till

Yes, that should work.

Yes and no. Beside the database backup, you will have to move the system users manually. Please have a look here to get a list of needed files:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717

8. bixa

bixa New Member

Thanks a lot. Everything is working again!