Update to 3.2.6 failed

Discussion in 'Installation/Configuration' started by jokerdes, Sep 9, 2021.

1. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

Hi,
    I followed Perfect Server Automated ISPConfig 3 Installation on Debian 10 and installed version 3.2.4 (with su -).
    When i trying to update to 3.2.6 i got "Service 'mail_server' has not been detected... and other services also cannot be detected.
    (but working perfectly also the web interface)
    In mysql log i found: Warning aborted connection 3648489 to db: 'dbispconfig' user 'ispconfig' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
    How to solve this?

Thank you in advance,
    Zoltan

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

This means you did not use 'su -' to become root user when doing the update. The su command sets a wrong PATH variable when it is being used without - option in Debian 10.

3. jokerdes

jokerdes New Member

I was sure I had switched but you were right. This time everything went smoothly.
    Thank you Till!

4. brainsys

brainsys Member

Smooth upgrades here. Thanks to the team. But dare I spoil the party by asking now that 3.2.6 supports Debian 11 - is the auto-installer far behind?

5. Th0m

Th0m ISPConfig Developer Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

Why far behind? It supports Debian 10, and Debian 11 just got out. We are working on adding support to the autoinstaller.

6. brainsys

brainsys Member

Sorry I was using the colloquial form of 'far' which means the opposite ie will it be along shortly? You need to be careful of a people who call their uplands 'Downs'.;)

Anyway I hope you all had a beer or three getting 3.2.6 out of the door. Not that repositories have doors but there we go ...

7. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You can use the auto-installer already on Debian 11. But currently, it still enforces you to install ISPConfig nightly build (which is as of today identical with 3.2.6) when Debian 11 is detected.