Update to ISPConfig 3.1.1p1 and Add Template to the customer Problem

Discussion in 'ISPConfig 3 Priority Support' started by tr909192, Nov 10, 2016.

1. tr909192

tr909192 Member HowtoForge Supporter

Hi,
    we have updated the ISPConfig to the latest version (3.1.1p1). It's look like that, after the upgrade the Template system stop working.
    Basically from the interface, when we try to add a new template to one customer, the system didn't read them, so the limit of the customer are not updated, also if the new template appears on the "Active template" for that customer.
    Here you can find an image of the problem:

[​IMG]

Before to open that priority support ticket, we have open a standard one. There till advise to empty browser cache. We have already did this, but with no luck.

It's there something changed on the template system, that we need to know in order to use our old template (or also the new one)?
    Thank you.

2. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

The template gets applied after you saved the customer, it does not get applied in realtime. The template system has not been changed, I just verified on a system that ahs been updated from 2.0.5 to 3.1 that the templating works as before.

3. till

You might also want to check your old templates if they really contain all data that you want to get set by using that template.

4. tr909192

I explain better. I have old templates with limits (in domains, mailbox, etc). When i add this template to a client, instead of having the limits added (the previous limits + the ones belonging to the template added), i have unlimited to all. This issue is appeared after upgrade. NB: we have a master slave installation

5. till

Check your template, none of the templates, neither master template nor additional template, may have a -1 in the fields. The value -1 means unlimited, so if you have e.g. 500 in one template and -1 (unlimited) in another template, then the resulting value must be -1 as unlimited plus a number is unlimited. If you want that an additional template is not modifying a value, then set that value to 0 and not -1

tr909192 likes this.
  6. tr909192

Thank you till. Now fixed the unlimited template and the system is calculating correctly.

till likes this.