updated perfect server of CentOS 6 with ISPCONFIG 3

Discussion in 'Suggest HOWTO' started by zinnium, Dec 25, 2011.

1. zinnium

zinnium New Member

@Falko,

Your perfect server of CentOS 6 with ISPCONFIG 3 has a simple problem: Some of the packages you had used during your first setup either got updated or dropped from the repositories.

Its like the half the packages are looking for current php and mysql and the other half are looking for the version down. Total nightmare when you do the install.

you debian guide kicks ass!!!

2. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

I've just done the setup for CentOS 6.1, and all the packages were still available.

Anyway, Debian is the recommended distribution for ISPConfig because we do all our development on it (and its repositories aren't as fragmented as on CentOS).

3. zinnium

zinnium New Member

I actually use debian but I was playing with the centos 6 build from a few months ago. I didn't see your new for 6.1 build.

The centos 6 one though... I just wanted to shoot some one when I was doing it. The php packs was probably going through an update and only like 60% talked to each other and the other ones where looking for a weird mixture of php versions.

4. falko

falko Super Moderator Howtoforge Staff

Make sure you use the same repos as in the tutorial (and no other ones).

5. zinnium

zinnium New Member

Falko,

I did. Your guides seem to always 100% perfect.

This was just an odd case where I think it was the CENTOS packages being problematic.

6. till

till Super Moderator Staff Member ISPConfig Developer

You should stick with debian. Debian ispcoonig 3 servers are more stable then the centos oones as the centos setups break sooner later due to package dependency conflicts in the several centos third party repos.